Lance Richardson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! Kursk 1943 fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fanMicrobadge: Core Worlds fanMicrobadge: Deck Building fan
Uwe may not initially want to openly admit or promote the fact that this AI system can be used/adapted to work in MANY other existing non-solitaire wargames.
Personally I think it would be a smart move to market this product as having a high "adaptability potential" for other games. Better still would be to let the community spread the word that it's adaptable which would save Uwe from many angry emails from users who can't figure out how to adapt this AI system to other games.
It's a win-win for Uwe as I can certainly see a good percentage of the purchases of this expansion coming from players who don't even own a CoH game. And for non-CoH owners who buy this expansion, they may then be much more inclined to purchase a CoH game.

Great jorb, Uwe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm not sure that one should market something as 'adaptable' only for some buyers to discover that they find it difficult or not worthwhile to that. usually adapting something can take a fair bit of effort on the part of the user. It is more likely to generate complaint than result in happy gamers.

I know from using Retro from Minden Games, which works well with ASL but can be adapted to other systems, that adaption can be done with varying degrees of success and need varying levels of manipulation depending on the system and the rule knowledge of the player.

It would be safer to simply to stick with a 100% true statement, which would be .... 'this works out of the box with Awakening the Bear'. It is for customers themselves to explore 'what-ifs' if they want to, which I am sure some will and players will quickly communicate between themselves on their own forums whether another product is working for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Richardson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! Kursk 1943 fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fanMicrobadge: Core Worlds fanMicrobadge: Deck Building fan
As stated previously,"better still would be to let the community spread the word that it's adaptable which would save Uwe from many angry emails from users who can't figure out how to adapt this AI system to other games."

Great feedback, and good points. You've also echoed all of my points. Glad someone 'gets it.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls