Subject: Max Sin Cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
The greatest political storm flutters only a fringe of humanity. But an ordinary man and an ordinary woman and their ordinary children literally alter the destiny of nations. - GK Chesterton
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably right there in the rules, but I couldn't find (after looking through the book a couple times, esp. the "Sin Spreads" section) if there is a max to the number of sin cubes that can be in a region?

If there is no maximum (as it appeared to me, since I could not find this anywhere), if there is a location with 4 sin cubes and an idol, and I spend 2 actions to remove the idol, that leaves 4 sin cubes in the location. Something feels off - when would a new idol be added? If a 5 sin cube needs to be added to the location? The idol can't be removed until we're down to 3 cubes or less (that doesn't appear in the rules so I'm guessing 'no')?

My guess is, 3 cubes is the max, and that's how I would have played, but couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It states in the FAQ that there are no limits.
It states in the rules that there can only be one Idol at a location.

Thus.
You can have unlimited sin cubes and only one idol.
You caneliminate an idol with 3 or more sin cubes.
However, I would conclude that if you did so and there were still 2 or more sin cubes than one more sin cube would cause a new idol to appear.

There could be strategic reasons for this (especially if you are low on idols)

Regard,
Kevin

edit to add
Quote:
Sin Cubes:
There is no limit to the number of sin cubes that can go in one location.

http://www.funhill-games.com/faq-2/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hill
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Kings of Israel
mbmbmbmbmb
costguy wrote:
It states in the FAQ that there are no limits.
It states in the rules that there can only be one Idol at a location.

Thus.
You can have unlimited sin cubes and only one idol.
You caneliminate an idol with 3 or more sin cubes.
However, I would conclude that if you did so and there were still 2 or more sin cubes than one more sin cube would cause a new idol to appear.

There could be strategic reasons for this (especially if you are low on idols)

Regard,
Kevin

Kevin got it all correct! No limits on sin cubes but just one idol, you can remove an idol before sin cubes, but anytime a sin cube is added to two or more sin cubes an idol appears.

And Kevin is also correct there can be strategic reasons for choosing to remove idols or sin cubes first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If adding a Sin Cube to a location gives it three or more Sin Cubes, then additionally place an Idol at that spot, if

it does not contain an Idol already. Only one Idol may be at a location at a time.

Emphasis mine.

The rules do imply that there is no limit to the number of sin cubes on a location. (3 or more) It is understandable that this was confusing.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
The greatest political storm flutters only a fringe of humanity. But an ordinary man and an ordinary woman and their ordinary children literally alter the destiny of nations. - GK Chesterton
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kevin, Lance!
We played it exactly correct then... we put the 4th cube (on a location with 3 cubes and 1 idol), used 2 actions to remove the idol, and I planned to add a new idol if a 5th cube would have appeared. Thankfully, we built an altar there, and it was the 7th one (2 player game). :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.