5 Posts

Sushi Go!» Forums » Variants

Subject: Least points win rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
zombie homer
msg tools
designer
We played Sushi Go! a lot over the past few weeks and love it. One guy in our group suggested trying a 'lowest score wins' variant, and we gave it a go. I felt that while it does not make the game better, it provides a fresh perspective. All the cards that used to be desirable are now the ones everyone's trying to avoid!

The rules for this variant is simply:

1. Least points at the end of 3 rounds wins

2. Chopsticks are still worth zero points, but does not leave your play area once drafted. When you draft a chopstick card, shout out 'sushi go!' - the player passing the cards to you will select your next card for you

The downside: I find myself focusing more on my own drafting and hardly looking at what others are doing. Overall, we enjoyed it and will probably play this variant every now and then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be worth playing just so I could pass someone their third sashimi on the final turn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was already discussed here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zombie homer
msg tools
designer
downeymb wrote:
This was already discussed here.

oops, my bad. I did browse through the variant forum before posting and somehow missed the "poison sushi" thread.

well, hopefully the chopstick variant in this thread can add to poison sushi. (nice name for the variant )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

A variant out group loves too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.