Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Kolb
United States
Highland Park
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the secret mission mechanic? Is it as simple as giving each player a card allowing them to score extra VP if their objective is reached? What is an example of an objective?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wordoftheoracle wrote:
What is the secret mission mechanic? Is it as simple as giving each player a card allowing them to score extra VP if their objective is reached? What is an example of an objective?

Yup! It's that simple. You get two at the beginning of the game, choose one, and if you fulfill the requirements then you get some bonus VP. One example is trying to collect the most Diplomatic planets.

The secret missions are a neat little twist that are easy to introduce to the game, even with new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kolb
United States
Highland Park
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds wonderfully simple!!! Should allow for some varied strategies.

PS: Congrats on reaching over $83k as of 1:30pm EST!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
Do you reveal them mid-game upon triggering them (e.g., "turn 5 I colonized my third diplomatic planet and everyone else only has two right now, so I flip my secret objective", and they contribute towards ending the game faster), or are they only revealed at the end of the game (so you have to try to make sure you're in the lead on diplomatic planets in the final turn, and nobody knows who will be getting secret objective bonus points and who won't)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:
Do you reveal them mid-game upon triggering them (e.g., "turn 5 I colonized my third diplomatic planet and everyone else only has two right now, so I flip my secret objective", and they contribute towards ending the game faster), or are they only revealed at the end of the game (so you have to try to make sure you're in the lead on diplomatic planets in the final turn, and nobody knows who will be getting secret objective bonus points and who won't)?

Only revealed at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.