Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
The Three Musketeers: The Queen's Pendants currently on clearance at Miniature Market for $18
Sounds like an amazing price if you can get around the shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good buy at that price, especially if you have kids to play it with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
I do and just saw a cheaper shipping option.
I may have to make the purchase.
Thanks for the recommendation, Sphere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation, Sphere.

It's a recommendation with asterisks, Jonan - see my comment for the game. I love the theme, and love hidden info games generally, both of which factor into why I like the game. And it is an excellent price...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know the insights of the game.
I ultimately decided not to purchase the game as I have plenty other games to play with my young son, but it's helpful to know the general idea of the game play, and replay value of the system.
Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, the game feels like a Rugby game where the ball carrier remains a secret and if he gets tackled, it's game over.

While you're playing you do get that sense of tons of guards pouring in, and the Musketeers dispatching them in short order. And yet on they come! Watch out for Milady de Winter and Rochefort!

Fantastic bits, too. All in all it very much feels like a 'forgotten' Gamemaster title, in a way. And that is one of the sincerest compliments I can pay to a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, heck, I went and bought it with $8 shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
To me, the game feels like a Rugby game where the ball carrier remains a secret and if he gets tackled, it's game over.

Perfect description, Ken. That should be on the game page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emperors Grace
United States
Rexford
New York
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I'm a big 3M fan since childhood and I've been looking for this at a decent price for a while.

I missed the last time this went on clearance (by just an hour) but I snagged it this time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:

And while the team on offense consists of four Pros, the defense is a horde of amateurs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emperors Grace wrote:
Thank you, I'm a big 3M fan since childhood and I've been looking for this at a decent price for a while.

I missed the last time this went on clearance (by just an hour) but I snagged it this time!

Glad it helped get you your game!
I'm a fan of the 3M and Zorro, to name a few sword-wielders from youth.

Camelorn wrote:

And while the team on offense consists of four Pros, the defense is a horde of amateurs.

Would you guys call the game assymetrical like Space Hulk or Claustrophobia?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Have not played Claustrophobia, but yes it's assymetrical somewhat like Space Hulk. But Musketeers is a good deal lighter as a game. My 6 and 9 yar olds have no trouble with the rules. Playing tactically clever and winning is another story though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Claustrophobia is a good analogy, although I think the hammer flips because the Musketeers (aka Humans) have the advantage. There are even some scenarios in Claustrophobia where they're trying to get the Dingus off the board, while in 3M you're trying to get it across the board. The Musketeers start with all their guys, the Guards are bringing on new ones during the game, etc. Claustrophobia is a more polished game that probably saw more playtesting and has more variety with the scenarios, but the style of play is similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:

Claustrophobia is a good analogy, although I think the hammer flips because the Musketeers (aka Humans) have the advantage. There are even some scenarios in Claustrophobia where they're trying to get the Dingus off the board, while in 3M you're trying to get it across the board. The Musketeers start with all their guys, the Guards are bringing on new ones during the game, etc. Claustrophobia is a more polished game that probably saw more playtesting and has more variety with the scenarios, but the style of play is similar.

Yeah, I never realized it, but you're right, they are very similar. (Probably why I like them both.) Using Athos to mow down a room of guards is very similar to the huge guy with the mallet wading in a sending a horde of Trogs flying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heh, heh
Sounds good.
devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it!
My youngest and I played tonight.
Though gameplay was clunky because we didn't quite know what we were doing, we had a good time with it!
Beautiful components and board.
The dice look amazing.
Cards feel flimsy and thin, but I've already sleeved them.
Oh, not a damaged sword in the group!

I'm glad I made the purchase.
Thanks for the insight, guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calvin chow
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still on clearance, now $17... Good price, even if you're just looking for minis...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
A great price for a woefully underrated game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.