Popular Tags: [View All]
Euron Crows Eye
United Kingdom
radcliffe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If on a straight two chariots seem level - is the one on the inside (ie to the next corner) considered the leader or are they classed level?

Ive been playing that they are both leaders and therefore cannot play a 6 , but Im starting to think im a lil wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
You have been playing correctly; They are both in the lead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euron Crows Eye
United Kingdom
radcliffe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK cheers but is the inner player on a curve the sole leader even if the spaces look equal?
Whats confusing me is the small note at the bottom of pge 4 in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Page 4 of the English rules of the new edition don't deal with movement rules, so either you & I have different rules or you mistyped that page number.

What statement is causing the confusion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euron Crows Eye
United Kingdom
radcliffe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im talking about the old version of the game - the pdf can be downloaded here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Ahhh ... I see your point.

The PDF rules say "the leading player(s) may not play a 6" then refers to a footnote that says:

Quote:
Typically the innermost chariot when several are neck-and-neck in a curve — in a straight stretch, consider the upcoming curve. It may be that several chariots are all “leaders”; in this case, none of them can play the 6 card.

I would also be confused by this, and it seems to have been discussed here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/35966

I've only played the new edition which avoided this issue by simply saying that "joint leaders can't play a 6".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euron Crows Eye
United Kingdom
radcliffe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh ! blush Totally missed the old thread!! Yeah Im just gonna keep playing as usual and forget I ever read that footnote!!

Cheers all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.