Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ROB VERRY
United States
South Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is there a scenario that has a special rule that models the use of Bazookas and such? If so, could someone kindly guide me to which (if any). Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I know about, but there is nothing to stop you to create an RSG and come up with your own Bazooka rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's one that has Piats. They even made custom counters in C3i.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HEEREN Xavier
Belgium
Liège
Lièe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have them :D:D:D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
There's one that has Piats. They even made custom counters in C3i.

I believe that's CC:M scenario 17 - "Little Stalingrad", where PIATs were used for mouseholing (?).

EDIT: Dim memory was correct. Satchel charges are used to simulate them:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/10162413#10162413

I think there's also scenario or two in the Stalingrad battlepack (which I don't have) where there are pseudo-Panzerfausts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/900788/alternative-weapons-c...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quoted from the above link
RPardoe wrote:

In Scenario 11, the American OOB has 2 Satchel Charges and includes SSR#4 indicating these represent captured German panzerfausts. The counters in C3i have Satchel Charge stats, but the picture of a panzerfaust.

In Scenario 17, same thing. The British OOB has Satchel Charges and includes SSR#1 indicating these represent PIATs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROB VERRY
United States
South Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's odd. They are given only a range of 1 hex (30 meters). And no, they were used against targets other than tanks like pillboxes, caves, artillery/AT guns and soft targets behind hard cover like stone buildings/walls, so are very relevant weapons for CC. Anyhoo, here's the ranges I have:
1. M9/M9A1 Bazooka 110m, or 3 hexes.
2. Panzerfaust 60 (Most common version) 60m, or 2 hexes.
3. PIAT 90m, or 3 hexes.
4. Panzerschreck 150m, or 5 hexes.
I guess I will forge ahead and paste up my own counters, using the ranges above in scenarios where they were used in non-AFV engagements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob, this isn't the first time you've brought up the "odd" lack of anti-tank weaponry in CC: see this thread from 3 years ago.

In that one you mentioned you were making your own counters. What ever became of that endeavor?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Collars
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is all very timely actually because the "Red Sector A" scenario in the Tournament BP has panzerfausts. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROB VERRY
United States
South Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
Rob, this isn't the first time you've brought up the "odd" lack of anti-tank weaponry in CC: see this thread from 3 years ago.

In that one you mentioned you were making your own counters. What ever became of that endeavor?

I went ahead and designed, tested and pasted them up and they worked just fine - I researched each weapon and used what I had in ASL as a guide. Yes, that was three years ago, I was just wondering if anything had officially been done with this by you since. How about a smallish expansion, or pack that adds these counters and accompanying scenarios that highlight their use? I would slap my hard earned cash down for that without question! Anyhoo, like most gamers, I like to tinker, but always feel odd about it - like I'm breaking the rules, or unbalancing the game. I did see the counters that came in the magazine, but was totally unaware they existed and after looking them over noticed their effective ranges were all wrong. I do strongly feel that CC should remain an Infantry-only game, but the inclusion of Hand-held AT weapons would be really cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROB VERRY
United States
South Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
NinetySixer wrote:
This is all very timely actually because the "Red Sector A" scenario in the Tournament BP has panzerfausts. ninja

Really? Where are the scenarios?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrone_Slothrop wrote:
NinetySixer wrote:

Really? Where are the scenarios?

You have to preorder them. Or buy them when they're published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.