Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was happy to find a reasonably well thought out insert in my Escape Big Box - plenty of room for all the components - perhaps a little bit TOO much room, you could almost get a second set of the Big Box in there.

Also, of course, once all that punchboard is punched and put away, there is a 1 inch gap above the insert. So unless your carrying it flat, all those nicely sorted components are going for a tumble around the box.

Any thoughts about better storage for this set ? Playing with ideas of a sheet of foam, a lid for the insert, trimming the box height down a bit (mutilate the game box *gasp*) or even just finding a smaller box and putting everything in that - I'm not sure that giant box will make it to as many game sessions whilst it's taking up all that valuable bag space.

Keen to hear what others are doing about this.

(admittedly more a problem for us public transport gamers going to events, rather than those storing the game flat on shelves and only playing at home or putting it flat into car boots to go to events!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lachlan Cooper
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The usual solution is to lift up the insert and store the empty punchboards underneath, keeping them in the box permanently. I remember this being an official suggestion in the rule book for some other game, though I can't remember which.

Once I finish punching everything out in my copy I'll see how well that works here. Obviously you'll need to have kept your punchboards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jono D
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lachlancooper wrote:
 I remember this being an official suggestion in the rule book for some other game, though I can't remember which.

Small world! Works a treat too!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a raised insert with some foam, but the bits are still moving around. Plus, it's fair to say, this game is a nice filler game so possibly needs to be condensed to something more portable in any case.

Wish I'd kept the box from the original escape - that would be the perfect size for this stuff - with room to spare!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:
I had a raised insert with some foam, but the bits are still moving around. Plus, it's fair to say, this game is a nice filler game so possibly needs to be condensed to something more portable in any case.

Wish I'd kept the box from the original escape - that would be the perfect size for this stuff - with room to spare!

I agree. has anyone found a good way to store the game in a smaller container? It would get played more if it didn't have such a huge box. I don't like bringing it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.