Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I just wanted to give anyone interested a heads up that the Chicago BattleCONers will be hosting our next tournament on January 25, 2015 at the Dice Dojo (a great FLGS on the Northside - it's right next to the Bryn Mawr stop on the Red Line). The tournament will be begin at noon and will be 3-round Swiss format following limited tournament rules (meaning only Devastation characters - don't worry, we'll be giving War and Fate plenty of love once the physical games arrive). There will be prize support (JR has confirmed this).

For more information, see the following links, or feel free to post here! Looking forward to seeing all who can make it - our first tournament was a blast, and I think this one will be even better!

Facebook Event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/601495949977299/

Dice Dojo Calendar:
http://www.chicagolandgames.com/#!events/cff9
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hughey
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This reminds me I need to start/find a group playing in Indianapolis.

I have been to the Dice Dojo twice and been jealous both times
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I shared this through our Tumblr also, hope the Chicagoans see it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vines
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How often do you meet to play BattleCon? I travel to downtown Chicago a few times a year for work. It would be great to be able to meet up with some people and play a bit when I am there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvines wrote:
How often do you meet to play BattleCon? I travel to downtown Chicago a few times a year for work. It would be great to be able to meet up with some people and play a bit when I am there.

We meet every Monday night, either at a friend's house near Diversey or (if that's not available) at the Dice Dojo. Let me know when you'll next be in town and I'll definitely make time to meet up if possible!

And if you'll be in town during the tournament, we would love for you to join!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
For the moves
Trinidad and Tobago
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Will there be video for those interested but can't attend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For_the_moves wrote:
Will there be video for those interested but can't attend?

That depends on how many people we get - if we get more than eight, I wouldn't mind just acting as judge, which would free me up to film the event. Even if I end up playing, I'll see if I can get some video (or at least some better pictures - the ones I got of the last one were pretty lackluster).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Behringer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Very sorry I missed you guys! Not only was that a birthday weekend for me, but my son was born two weeks later, so you can understand I was a little busy / preoccupied at the time. Do you still meet on Mondays? I might try to meet up and get some practice in before GenCon!

Very excited about the new season format!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jollybill wrote:
Very sorry I missed you guys! Not only was that a birthday weekend for me, but my son was born two weeks later, so you can understand I was a little busy / preoccupied at the time. Do you still meet on Mondays? I might try to meet up and get some practice in before GenCon!

Very excited about the new season format!

Unfortunately, with the summer, our schedules have all gone a bit crazy and we don't meet too regularly anymore. A few of us meet on weekends at the Dice Dojo though. If you're interested, you can join the Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/295236377347282/)or Geekmail me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.