Polis: Fight for the Hegemony» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question re: event: Leotychidas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Gray
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently playing so I'm going to be brief. We pulled this card in the event deck for the first round (3). The event States that Athens goes first but only gets one action.

This doesn't seem right as the event appears to be adverse for the Spartans. Why is Athens only allowed to take one action when by default in the first round they go first anyway. Without this event they would get two actions as per normal. Yet this adverse Spartan event makes Athens only have one. This seems strange to us.

We have drawn another card because of this but await your genius answers while we are playing on!!

Thanks! (Silly overthinking Aussies )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jene Weir
Australia
Dubbo
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Sparta begins the game first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devesa Rafael
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For example occurs to me that Athens can move the proxenos to korinthos and secure Megaris , which is very important for Athens if he can have it from the beginning. With esparta my first move is usually block Korinthos with my Proxeno.
(sorry for my bad English)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devesa Rafael
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sparta usually always goes first in the first round , except for this event!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gray
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have just re-read the rules --> you are indeed correct! We have been playing this wrong from day 1.

Our error was playing that the player that read the event then proceeded to take their turn. Indeed further in the next paragraph it states that in the case of a tie Sparta goes first. Which the first round is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gray
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

For example occurs to me that Athens can move the proxenos to korinthos and secure Megaris , which is very important for Athens if he can have it from the beginning. With esparta my first move is usually block Korinthos with my Proxeno.
(sorry for my bad English)

Just wondering how you might do this when starting with zero silver?

Your English is fine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jene Weir
Australia
Dubbo
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Together the starting areas for the Athenian player contain enough silver (after collection) to allow a proxenos situated in Korinthos to Instigate Civil War.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.