Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Kalucza
Sweden
Umea
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I recently joined the Yahoo group and found out about the Trade Cards variant, and after some searching here I also found the rules.
As I understand these where included in the Alive & Complete Rulebook before, but I couldn't find them in the latest version.

Any special reason why they were removed? Would like to use them, but I am now unsure whether they were removed for a special reason, maybe the broke the game somehow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Schneider
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they were removed for any special reason. other than that A&C originally focused on providing the minimum rules needed to play the game, explained in plainer language than the original rulebook. As such, the various variants of the past (trade cards, freighter fleets, other scenarios, etc.) were left out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden W├╝rtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
As Erich says, the Trade Cards weren't terrible, but I decided not to support them any more, as the variants were becoming too lengthy. There is nothing wrong with house rulings for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Kalucza
Sweden
Umea
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the quick answers.

Think I will try the variant next time, seems like a good variant especially when playing with beginners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.