Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have only played FTF a couple times. Have never played this game via VASSAL. I'd love to get a PBEM game or two going.

-Grant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is great with VASSAL.

I play with my borther on a regular basis, with VASSAL/Skype, and it is like being ftf. Well, better because the scenario is already set up and we log our games, so that we can re-play the battle later and 'analyse' the key moments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I don't think it lends itself to PBEM. Given that are so many points at which a player's turn will be interrupted (evade, battle-back, retreat, and then onto the next attack) you could take a week just to execute one card. Given that the game plays so smoothly (and so quickly) live I really wouldn't want to go down the PBEM route. But maybe that's just me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadgr
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have more than 50 games of C&C:A on VASSAL PBEM with my distant friend/opponent and we think it works really well. We try to limit the number of times we send the log back and forth by doing the logical evasion or retreat. The other side can always adjust when they get the log next if they disagree. Most games take between 20 and 40 logs. We also get rid of the First Strike card. Let me know if you want to get a game in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phill Webb
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing a bunch pf games PBEM as well.

We also do the logical Evade etc.

However we keep the First Strike as you can start the log from the point you would use it and correct from there (or halt if it deviates too much) It is an honour thing to not play the turn then go back and First Strike.

I could fit in another opponent as well - asa long as you are okay with often several days between turns.

Phill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.