2 Posts

District-Z» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gilbert and infections rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nico F.

New York
msg tools
The survivor Gilbert's card says he can move to an adjacent space after successfully fleeing. Does this mean next turn he plays the card he moved on to or does he move to another space and play that card. I'm assuming the latter since the former wouldn't really be an advantage. I don't see anything in the rules about Gilbert. He's a KS card.

I also don't really understand the infection tokens. Under the boss rules it says take an optional infection? Why would anyone want to take an infection token? I thought everytime you get a wound you get an infection token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The infection tokens are for an optional method of play, the rules for that are at the end of the rulebook. Basically, instead of being eliminated once you take so many wounds, you turn into a zombie. infection tokens cant be "healed", so when you have a number of infection tokens equal to or greater than your max health, you turn to a zombie and try to eliminate the other players.

We are playing this way by default. Not sure about Gilbert, haven't used him.

I had an issue though where an objective was on a players city edge... is that intended? It would seem that the corners in a 2-4 player game should always be standard locations. so instead of shuffling the objective cards with 30-(number of players), I first shuffle the standard locations, remove four, then add objectives to the larger stack, leaving out the corners when building the board. Then i place the four location cards I originally removed in the empty corners.

BTW, on the district z website, there are additional rules for some of the expansions. Would be great to see that added to, and an FAQ.

http://www.district-z.com/the-game/rule-additions/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.