Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
TAJ MAHAL (3 players, 10-15 mins teaching, < 2 hours playing)
*Antkam*, Sunny (newbie), Ching

Taj is a game which I like quite a lot, but dont get to play very often since we usually play shorter, lighter games instead. The first 2 rounds, perhaps partly because Ching and I felt no threat from newbie Sunny, we let Sunny got away with some big wins. Then it transpired that both Ching and I were going for elephants, while Sunny was alone concentrating on palaces, and also currently held the princess hostage to boot. So, he opened up a rather big lead. Luckily, midgame, I was able to win two big all-out battles, and even better, in both battles both opponents committed a lot of cards! (If I was going all-out, then I'd rather have two guys lose big to me than one of them sit back and laugh!) Those wins depleted Sunny badly and enabled me to pull closer, and left Ching quite far behind. The game came down to the wire. On the last province, I won the elephant alone, worth 9 points, Ching won Agra, and Sunny won the other cities, connecting to his chain worth 8 points. Sunny and I ended up tied before long-suit endgame bonus, and my long suit had 7 cards to his 6, so I eked out a close win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.