Popular Tags: oop [+] [View All]
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I heard a rumor the other week at my LGS that AH was going to stop printing and developing anything but the Axis & Allies series of games? Anybody else heard/read/know anything about that? Should I search the forums more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would explain why all that stuff has been on sale if it's true. But I have no idea if it's true or not, this is the first I've heard about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're gearing up for a huge production with a Hannibal reprint with plastic minatures like in Nexus Ops so they'll need the manufacturing facilities to pump out product to meet the anticipated demand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
mrbass wrote:
They're gearing up for a huge production with a Hannibal reprint with plastic minatures like in Nexus Ops so they'll need the manufacturing facilities to pump out product to meet the anticipated demand.

You just blew my mind!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Landstander wrote:
I heard a rumor the other week at my LGS that AH was going to stop printing and developing anything but the Axis & Allies series of games? Anybody else heard/read/know anything about that? Should I search the forums more?

Really? Because Rocketville and Sword and Skull were such winners.

...I don't know why I said that. I've never played them. I'm sure they're excellent games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
taraba wrote:
Landstander wrote:

Really? Because Rocketville and Sword and Skull were such winners.

...I don't know why I said that. I've never played them. I'm sure they're excellent games.

Too funny.

:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Landstander wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me. It's seemed as though Hasbro, acting through Wizards of the Coast (WOTC) and AH has been slowly pulling out of the specialty or designer board game scene. With the closing of their stores, the gradual dumbing down of their offerings (although I really like Nexus Ops and the niche it fills in my collection), and such I would not be surprised if they stopped putting the AH name on anything other than their proven winner- A&A. FWIW, having grown up in Seattle and seen WOTC in its early-90's heyday, I look at what has become of that company and a part of me cries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Werth
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
They're reprinting Hannibal? I always assumed Titan was they game they were hinting years ago at reprinting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Steve Werth wrote:
They're reprinting Hannibal? I always assumed Titan was they game they were hinting years ago at reprinting.

I think that was a joke. I wish it weren't...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Werth
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Oh, I get it. Well, here's crossing my fingers that my prediction still comes true. Titan, I await you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imperious leader wrote:
They really need to introduce at least 3-4 new pieces each game release

Really? How much more do we need? Finnish Ski Troops? The basics are all covered (inf, arm, art, fighters, & bombers, not to mention all the naval units) Other than maybe paratroopers or cruisers, I don't really see the need for new pieces. (Not that I'm convinced we even need those two)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Yope
United States
Saint Clair
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Half-tracks for Mech Infantry

Medium Bombers for UK, USA, USSR

Ground Attack (fighter-bomber) planes for all the countries besides Germany

Just some basic thoughts.

Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sinister
United States
Unspecified
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
I think they should simply revamp the A&A engine and make it available for any time period. Run a line of historical flavored games from ancient greece to vietnam, perhaps even tweak them with a minor political ruleset to add more of a total management style of the game (similar to what Twilight Imperium has done with maybe slightly more war and less politics, no victory points, etc...)

As long as the A&A line is doing well and you are going to make a game on every theater and every battle why not apply the ruleset to ancient battles and WWI, and many others.

I think too they should experiment with a reprint a year bringing many of the older successful games to the present with a sleek new update and do what avalanche press can't...pretty games with good artwork, less complex rules for people in today's market, and yes a resonable price. What's the worst that can happen? Maybe titan/hannibal/asl may not sell but I have to believe that even selling poorly those games will outsell Vegas and Rocketville.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.