Jack Woodman
msg tools
I love to play games with a group of friends. Nothing beats the interaction full of emotions, bluffing, judging, trading and teasing.

But what to do when we don't have a set of game boxes with us? This happens when we don't meet in my home, where I have a cabinet full of games.

I am wondering whether there are any great games we can play online on our smartphones or a tablet, while being in the same room. Any suggestions?

I am looking for online games which don't suck you into the screen. The game interaction should be in the room, not only on the screen. So maybe it should not be the clone of a board game, but a game especially designed for online playing. For example, we did try Dominion online. This was allright, but the atmosphere was nothing like using the game cards.

To get an idea of the games we like : Dominion, Caylus, Carcasonne, You're Bluffing (Kuhhandel), Puerto Rico, Pickomino.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Taylor
United Kingdom
Cambridge
CAMBS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Have you tried Spaceteam?
Might not be the 'boardgame' you're after, but it's quite good fun and allows people to use whatever device they've got to hand. If I remember correctly you can use Phones, Kindles and iPads.

Worth checking it out. And..... it's FREE!!! (Or at least it used to be?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris T
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vistathon wrote:

Have you tried Spaceteam?
Might not be the 'boardgame' you're after, but it's quite good fun and allows people to use whatever device they've got to hand. If I remember correctly you can use Phones, Kindles and iPads.

Worth checking it out. And..... it's FREE!!! (Or at least it used to be?)

This is exactly what I thought of as well. Frantic, yelling, silliness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Spaceteam. Be a spaceteam. Go be a spaceteam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Magnus
United States
Granville
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm just a soldier. I can't be a leader.
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Realms $4.99. Also has pass-and-play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that you, Crowley?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witek W
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mbmbmbmbmb
Lost Cities

If you have Android smartphones with larger screens then nothing can beat Small World 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Woodman
msg tools
Thx for your recommendations!

Did try Space Team and it's really cool, although we had some trouble connecting on one wifi spot.

After watching the video intro of Small World 2 I really like this game. Did not buy it yet, but might happen soon.

Do you happen to know how it support multi player? Together on one device as well as each player on a separate device?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played Spyfall on smartphones and had great fun doing so. It's not really an app - just a webpage. It's clean, stark and well implemented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cam P
Australia
Kew
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leemc13 wrote:
We've played Spyfall on smartphones and had great fun doing so. It's not really an app - just a webpage. It's clean, stark and well implemented.

Yep, spyfall seems perfect...you only have to look at the screen for a second at the start of each round and then the rest of the game is talking with other people (though won't work for just 2 people)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H M
Switzerland
Aargau
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ticket to Ride is great on tablets--you connect via bluetooth. My husband & I play all the time at home and on the train.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.