Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I missing something? The yellow heroes seem underpowered to me. For a cost of 2,I can buy Admiral Rasmussen. If you destroy that card you get to draw the next card. If I didn't have the Admiral, I would still have drawn that next card as my 5th card.

I realize it allows you to also gain the ability for other yellow cards, but so. For the same cost of two, I can buy a yellow ship that does two damage and let's me draw the next card.

The other color heroes seem to give you more for the price.

What am I missing here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
fractaloon wrote:
Am I missing something? The yellow heroes seem underpowered to me. For a cost of 2,I can buy Admiral Rasmussen. If you destroy that card you get to draw the next card. If I didn't have the Admiral, I would still have drawn that next card as my 5th card.

I realize it allows you to also gain the ability for other yellow cards, but so. For the same cost of two, I can buy a yellow ship that does two damage and let's me draw the next card.

The other color herpes seem to give you more for the price.

What am I missing here?

Albert, I think you are playing the game wrong if you have herpes cards... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fznrzn phone's autocorrect has its mind in the gutter.

Fixing it now... Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy..."
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
fractaloon wrote:

Your explanation confuses me. The card allows you to draw an extra card, and you can keep the hero around until it's most beneficial to do so. Why would you, as you put it, "still have drawn that next card as my 5th card"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the hero card abilities seem to happen when you scrap them. They are one use cards.

I see my mistake now. They don't go into your discard. They go straight into play and stay there until scrapped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
fractaloon wrote:
All the hero card abilities seem to happen when you scrap them. They are one use cards.

I see my mistake now. They don't go into your discard. They go straight into play and stay there until scrapped.

They should have included a rules card in the pack, because it's not completely obvious how they work. But, yeah, they go right into play and stay there until you scrap them for their power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Grenier
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
often wrote:
fractaloon wrote:

They should have included a rules card in the pack, because it's not completely obvious how they work. But, yeah, they go right into play and stay there until you scrap them for their power.

Yup, just like the previous expansion gambit. They are not put into your draw deck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Brien
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Consider also that they can be activated(scrapped) on the same turn that you buy them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Smith
msg tools
often wrote:

Well, there is an explanation on how these cards work right on the bottom of each one. So a separate rules card to state this again seems a bit unnecessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.