Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When science is lost due to event cards and you drop below the two card point or a gain of an advisor you lose the ability to play two cards but you don't lose an advisor. When you regain the levels again do you draw another advisor?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy,

Interesting...while I haven't played with the cards which causes a loss of Science, if it only happens once, you'report fine, as there's an additional Advisor in everyone's deck.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It could happen 2 twice easily as there is a draw advisor at levels 4 and 7 and then 13

There is also a development matrix token that gives another advisor so a player can draw all 4 from their deck.

FAQ wrote:
If a player lose a level (technology or military) he also lose the ability associated to the level but not the bonus gained. Additionally, once the lost level is gained again the ability and the bonus are gained again. For instance a player has technology level 16 and lose one level; when the level 16 is gained again 6 VP are scored (for the second time).

I have just seen this in the rules as well.

Rules, Page 9. Advisor Cards wrote:
When an Advisor card is used, it is placed face-up on the bottom of the Advisor deck. If the top card is face up, reshuffle the deck and place it face down a new Advisor deck
Emphasis mine.

So it would appear that you can get more than 5 Advisor's in a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great catch, Andy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
Great catch, Andy!

It's great when you solve your own questions isn't it ;-)

I had missed the bit in the rules about reshuffling the Advisor cards when I played on Thursday, it makes much more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.