Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Rallyman: Dirt» Forums » Rules

Subject: WCR SSx to SSy without a Repair No changing of tire type allowed ?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Silzer
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it correct that when there is NO REPAIR stages that tires CANNOT be changed.

THis is a critical issue when weather of track condition change fromone stage to the next.

Reference Monte-Carlo new edition WRC 2015.

We are playing that NO change is possible as this parallells the idea of having to carry over tire and acceleration damage from stage to stage when no repair is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cann
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played that you can repair tire damage between stages with no repair by using the one you carry on your car however that tire is now gone and if you need to repair tires on the next stage you would be forced to retire. The crew essentially pull over while travelling to the next stage and change the tire at their leisure. The spare would be replaced the next time you can repair properly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules handy to check the official rule, but when you set up the course you can pretty much decide to handle it however you like. It can be entirely up to you (or the race director) whether repairs and/or tire changes are permitted between stages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike game fan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Per Art. 10 "The spare tire card can also be played between 2 specials if there is no assistance. In this case, the card is discarded (instead of being placed in the chromo pile). However it will no longer be available for the next special."

Per Art. 15.3 "If there is no assistance period before a special stage, the drivers keep the same tires from the previous special."

So, if there is not service stop between two particular special stages here is what I understand. You can change a tire (and not a take a time penalty but it costs you the only spare tire you carry...until the next available service stop), but you cannot change the type of tire.

I hope this helps. Rally on!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.