Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicola Poletto
Italy
Mirano
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,
I just tried a 4 players game and sadly, se had to stop after a couple of rounds... Why? In phase IV we got the empire assemble token, but we did not have enough fleets token to add the third fleet in all the empire controlled sectors... How do you sort the fleet token since there are only 30?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
That's quite unusual - what map were you using? I assume the spiral galaxy, which makes progress against the empire harder (you only have one adjacent empire sector until you've taken the 4th one).

The empire fleets are not supposed to be limited.

It would have been nice if the publisher included more fleets ... But they didn't. What I'd do in that circumstance is grab something else to represent the empire fleets you need - either tokens from outside the game (such as coins) or use shipyard markers to represent the missing fleets (you'll have plenty of spares as players can't have taken many sectors). Put the substitute markers in empire sectors well away from players, as Empire fleets are eliminated by players swap out the substitute markers.

Alternatively, if you don't want to use substitute tokens, instead immediately give the empire an unused combat technology and reduce the empire stacking limit to 2 fleets for the remainder of the game.

--- edit

There are 16 resource sectors, so theoretically 48 Empire fleets (16x3) it's highly unlikely no sectors are taken, by the point the Empire have 3 fleets per sector each player will have at least one, so leaving 12 (36 fleets needed, 12x3) and probably more, and some fleets removed through PSI labs. Furthermore not every reaction token gives the Empire a new fleet. So I can see why the publisher went with 30 Empire fleets as a reasonable number. I can't recall a game where I've used more than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Poletto
Italy
Mirano
flag msg tools
mb
Well to be honest we used the standard 4p map as you can see below
In the setup i placed 1 fleet per empire sector, so 16 fleets
First empire token was assemble & build, we placed 14 fleets because 2 players had conquered a sector
Second empire token was assemble & develop and here we stopped wondering what to do
We were a bit "shy", that's true, because it was first game for 2 players and i was kinda late so brains were in energy saving only orange had 3 sectors cause he used assemble in every round (Pestis) while purple focused on defense and teal on research

Phase IV of round 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.