Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been waiting for this 2nd installment of the N20 series with eagerness. I remember it hitting the magic 500 orders last year.

After seeing the last GMT update for game production rising glory dosn't even make it on this years production scheduled, seems strange since it has made the cut for P500.

Anyway just wanted to see if other know anything else on the subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Two things:

= First, as I understand it, when a proposed game hits its P500 mark that doesn't mean it gets inserted into the production queue right away. Typically they like to wait until it hits around 750 or so. Reaching 500 means the game will eventually get produced, but it's on an "as convenient" basis. With RG still below 650 we're gonna be waiting a while...

= Second, there has recently (like just yesterday) been some discussion between VPG and GMT about scheduling. I've been told that we ought to know a bit more sometime next week. Maybe.

And that, I'm sorry to say, is about all I know on the subject.

cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries I understand what you are saying (and I know you and your team don't have any control over when production starts), though it dosn't seem this is the case all the time with GMT as the 2 new no retreat games have been included in the production scheduled for this year 1 has made the cut though with less pre orders than rising glory and the other hasn't even made the cut yet.

I was very impressed with fading glory, you and your team did a great job so needless to say I jumped straight onto rising glory. Though I was a little disheartened to see nothing suggesting its publication this year. I though I would see if there was anything behind the scenes happening that may get it out sooner rather than later. Otherwise I was going to look at pulling my pre order and just get the victory point editions of the scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Meints
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it would be nice to know as Lance and I can then get together and discuss the updates to Austerlitz & Wagram in the package as I haven't been wanting to hit him with it as our other Nappy20 games are progressing for VPG and over burden his time. But a time frame would be nice so I can get the final things laid out I want included
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell D
United Kingdom
Ewell
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This month's GMT newsletter says this is no longer going to be produced. crycry I liked Fading Glory very much and it's a shame the series isn't going to be continued.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Pipersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may have misunderstood, but I thought that it was simply being passed back to VPG to be published by them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koppang
United States
Westmont
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy..."
badge
"For the listener, who listens in the snow, and, nothing himself, beholds nothing that is not there and the nothing that is." -- Wallace Stevens
mbmbmbmbmb
essayons7 wrote:
I may have misunderstood, but I thought that it was simply being passed back to VPG to be published by them?

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that each game in the quad package will be available separately. That would match up with VPG's general marketing strategy. But maybe they'll do things differently?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I can confirm the sad news that GMT has decided to drop "Rising Glory" from their P500 program.

Just so everyone's clear on it, this wasn't due to some behind-the-scenes acrimony between the two companies -- it was an amicable agreement. Basically, GMT suggested that VPG might want to take those games back because GMT already had so much on their production plate that they didn't believe they'd be able to get "Rising Glory" published until well into 2016 (if not even later). Alan Emrich agreed that it was probably best for all concerned if VPG took the games back onboard for themselves and we're going to be releasing them all as soon as we can.

PRUSSIA 20 (Jena 2nd edition & Eylau) are already in art workup and we're hoping they can be published in another month or two.

For the other two games that were supposed to be in "Rising Glory," the idea is to pair 'Austerlitz 20' up with some other battle from the 1805 campaign (likely Caldierio, Massena -vs- Charles in Italy; with a linking mini-campaign so that if Charles does well enough he'll be able to turn up as a reinforcement at Austerlitz). As for Wagram, we're still not quite sure how we're going to handle that battle as it's already paired with its natural partner, Aspern-Essling -- we're thinking we *MAY* do that as our first quad-pack with a couple other battles from 1809 (Piave, Raab, and Znaim are likely candidates).

The key here is that if you're a fan of the series, you're going to get an opportunity to see all four of the "Rising Glory" games anew, in the glorious v4.0 format (1" hexes, 3/4" counters, etc...) that's very similar to how they'd have looked had they been done by GMT.

Lance McMillan
Developer for VPG's "Napoleonic 20" series
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Baney
United States
Wrightwood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, Nappy20 fans and former "Rising Glory" subscribers, VPG just released PRUSSIA 20. It's in the new v4.0 deluxe format and contains two of the four games which were going to be in "Rising Glory" -- Eylau 20 and Jena 20, 2nd edition. And if you hurry, you can get PRUSSIA 20 (along with any other Nappy20 titles) at a 15% discount with VPG's 20/15 sale, which runs through 29March15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.