James Chan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For two player game, Sandra will shuffle 8-oldest design tiles if she is in design dept. so the question is shuffle first , so that we may see the old things again after that refill, or otherwise, make sure the leftmost central pile come out eight tiles then shuffle so we less likely to see the old tiles again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
James Warren wrote:
For two player game, Sandra will shuffle 8-oldest design tiles if she is in design dept. so the question is shuffle first , so that we may see the old things again after that refill, or otherwise, make sure the leftmost central pile come out eight tiles then shuffle so we less likely to see the old tiles again?

There is nothing special about the 2p game in this respect. However, the interesting thing is that the rulebook doesn't seem to say to refill the design spaces after Sandra does her task there. I assume that they should be refilled and since they didn't go out of their way to say that the refill happens before the shuffle I assume it doesn't.

So shuffle first, then refill would be my advice.

EDIT: Vital's excellent How to Play does cover this and he specifies that you shuffle first then refill.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/174869/item/3442401#it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Chan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok ,thank you , I get the sequence, but i still wonder if the luck impact too much on seeing the old tiles again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Todea
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My rulebook does not mention removing 8 tiles in a 2 player game only, is this a correction to the existing rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
tzutzy wrote:
My rulebook does not mention removing 8 tiles in a 2 player game only, is this a correction to the existing rulebook?

If my memory does not fail me, page 15 of rulebook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Todea
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answer Vital, I have now found it whistle

Played 1st game last night 2 player, love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.