Subject: Refilling cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey

Tempe
Arizona
msg tools
mb
When I place the cubes into the bag - I add the cubes it says then however many black cubes are available. Then I distribute them on the board according to the rules. However, some cubes are left in the bag when I'm done placing.

Is this normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, and if you're lucky, you'll end up with some rounds with less black cubes than others. It keeps it from being too predictable (I know there'll be 4 green cubes this round, so I'll snag those and be able to do this...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have yet to play the game but it would always seem as though you're always emptying the bag based on the seeing card? What am I missing?

Example (3-players):

Seed the board with 21 cubes (1+2+3+2+4+3+6=21)
Fill the bag with 21 cubes (4+4+4+4+5=21)

If you have to remove all the cubes from the board to end the round and there aren't actions that make you add more cubes to the bag (just the supply), where are the additional cube coming from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Boyen
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:
Yep, and if you're lucky, you'll end up with some rounds with less black cubes than others.

Why do yo call this lucky. It influences the game for everyone, but it is not something that is good or bad.

XxaviorR wrote:
I have yet to play the game but it would always seem as though you're always emptying the bag based on the seeing card? What am I missing?

Example (3-players):

If you have to remove all the cubes from the board to end the round and there aren't actions that make you add more cubes to the bag (just the supply), where are the additional cube coming from?

I think you are missing a black cube. As far as I know, there are six in the game. Also, you should add 5 green cubes, and 4 of the rest, so you have 23 to start the game with
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Karian wrote:
MilesF wrote:
Yep, and if you're lucky, you'll end up with some rounds with less black cubes than others.

Why do yo call this lucky. It influences the game for everyone, but it is not something that is good or bad.

XxaviorR wrote:

Example (3-players):

I think you are missing a black cube. As far as I know, there are six in the game.

Touche. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Boyen
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
looks like I was a bit too slow to add the edit about the extra green cube. As far as I remember, you always have 2 extra to start with. You can check the cubes needed here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.