Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Davis
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey my buddy and I wanted to try a four player each controlling two armies, but we had a few too many questions to play.
Main one has to do with the first round. In a 2-player game, the first player doesn't draw, and can only move up to two units (still attack work up to three), while second player draws and plays normally. My question is who would have to have a reduced first turn in a four army game? Would it be both in one team or the first two /three?
Also is there some restriction on giving magic to your partner in the first round? It would be unfair if player 3 or 4 could summon first turn.
Best,
Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the first player would have a reduced turn.
No round restriction on giving magic. Unfair? Maybe, but it's part of the strategy and not always the best option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't feel compelled to play a 4-player game. Summoner Wars is a 2-player game, anything else is just a variant and does not work very well. It often drags and loses all the dynamic feel. The format is not even supported anymore as PHG dropped it from OP a few years back. Just trying to save you the trouble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like they're doing 4 armies with 2 players.
I agree 4 player games aren't what SW is good for, but wonder if a 4 player format with 2 players would be better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
dezza wrote:
Looks like they're doing 4 armies with 2 players.
I agree 4 player games aren't what SW is good for, but wonder if a 4 player format with 2 players would be better.

Thanks, I got that from his post. Just trying to save him the trouble or, at least, make sure he is forewarned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.