Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Boyens
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mb
OK, honestly I have searched the rules, charts, box, counters, dice, and the plastic bag the dice came in, but can't find it:

There is an asterisk on the last patrol box before the transit home for most of the patrol assignments. What is the asterisk for?

I have surmised that it is either to remind you that the last transit box changes to Bay of Biscay for these patrols in 1940, but it seems redundant and in the wrong box for this. Or it is to remind you that you may try to extend your patrol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd printing?

Isn't it for the Resuply at Sea optional rule, to remind you to check before transit back?

If so, you shouldn't find the asterisk for Mediterranean, Caribbean and North America patrols.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you are talking about the individual U-Boat type cards. I didn't think these were changed and my cards, first printing, do not have an asterisk on them. Is this the cards you are referring to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
I assume you are talking about the individual U-Boat type cards. I didn't think these were changed and my cards, first printing, do not have an asterisk on them. Is this the cards you are referring to?

Hi Jim. That's what I thought. He talked about a last patrol box asterisk, so I assumed he was refering to 2nd printing U-Boat cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Boyens
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, on the U-Boat cards. I found it in the light of day - it is under the Refit Box - it is to remind you that you can check for re-supply to extend the patrol. I do have the 2nd edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Milbourn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
RBoyens wrote:
Yes, on the U-Boat cards. I found it in the light of day - it is under the Refit Box - it is to remind you that you can check for re-supply to extend the patrol. I do have the 2nd edition.

Yep. Need a result of 1 on a dr6 just to get the opportunity to resupply. Things can still go very wrong from that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at the back of the rulebook under Resuply at Sea [14.9], the rule is on page 22.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.