BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Art and Graphic Design

Subject: Custom board game pieces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel C
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi everyone,

I've actually been reading this forum on and off for a while. I am a graphic designer and recently started doing 3D printing of my 3D models. I am thinking of creating custom board game pieces specifically for sci-fi related like spaceships, buildings etc.

Just curious what do you guys think about my designs and see if anyone likes them! Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

Here are some spaceship designs and also a hover tank design (painted)

Here are some general board game pieces (painted)

Hover tank close up

Me and my friend also have an idea for a board game as well but I cannot reveal much yet

Nice to meet you all!

Mobius
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty cool. I like the red "carrier" and the tank best. Very unconventional if you look at what's on shapeways.

Hoping one day we can 3d print .5-1" custom models at 15 cents or less per unit, for those of us into dudes on a map games with tons of minis.

Welcome to the community!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel C
Canada
flag msg tools
crazybyzantine wrote:
Pretty cool. I like the red "carrier" and the tank best. Very unconventional if you look at what's on shapeways.

Hoping one day we can 3d print .5-1" custom models at 15 cents or less per unit, for those of us into dudes on a map games with tons of minis.

Welcome to the community!

Thanks James, I hope 3DP can get cheaper soon as well.

Here's the close up for the red cruiser (not as blurry)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Fahy

Boston
Massachusetts
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice ship designs! Are you planning on making molds and mass producing these?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel C
Canada
flag msg tools
Robostrat wrote:
Nice ship designs! Are you planning on making molds and mass producing these?

Thanks Patrick!

I've also thought about that and saw some youtube video about molding since 3DP is still relatively expensive for mass producing something right now. If there's enough interest/demand for my designs I will certainly look at molding in detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.