Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the titoe says are there any news about the game development progress...
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About the only thing I can report is that I received my copy of MERCS: Conflict (the dice game), which was a freebie from the OPFOR backer level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious as well. Although earlier updates (December) implied that things were going ahead smoothly, it seems doubtful that they'll hit their Q1 goal. Just considering the 2-3 month shipping time from China seems to break the schedule, especially considering that there were still unfinished sculpts in December. EDIT: All the sculpts were finished by Novemebr 21st.

Still, this is just me speculating. Perhaps they've had this in mind all along and we'll get the stuff in March anyway. Either way, an update would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cogdiz wrote:
Still, this is just me speculating. Perhaps they've had this in mind all along and we'll get the stuff in March anyway. Either way, an update would be nice.

I can only see this happening if they split the game into shipments/waves the way Robotech did. And even then...

Still it would be nice to get it in this year...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like I misremembered. This update from November 21st says that all sculpts are done and in molding and that it was writing/layout that wasn't completely done.

While I certainly expect it to be delayed (which I actually don't really care about. I'm in no rush) I think we'll see it by spring/early summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd much prefer it to be shipped all together, with good rules and a good solid game. So if that means early summer, that's great to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
I'd much prefer it to be shipped all together, with good rules and a good solid game. So if that means early summer, that's great to me.

My derision of the Great Robotech Debacle of 2014 did not come through in my previous post. Trust me, I would rather have it all at once and done right.

However, I do have to say that the silver lining to the Great Robotech Debacle is that it gives me time to create the first set of models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
San Gabriel Valley Southern California
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since reading the update in November that everything is being sculpted etc. Makes me hopeful that the production of the game is going just fine. That they are still on track for a Q1 release. I am guessing that shipping takes from 4-7 weeks. I get the estimate from is because I am a huge fan of Fantasy Flight Games products. They update their website "Upcoming" section of what all their products announced if it is at the "Printer", "On the boat", "Shipping to Distrubtors" or "In Stores Now". Unless MegaCon games has information about the production of the game would be nice of them to share. I guess when it comes it comes. As long as the product is polished, rulebook is clear and production quality is amazing. They have stated that they learned from Myth Kickstarter. I hope that is true. If the next update is that everything has finished production and is on the boat to the U.S., that would be awesome and also not have to go through Customs. Which add's some delay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deansy Von ThunderLizard
Australia
Fundoora
VICTORIA
flag msg tools
badge
From the Internet™
mbmbmbmbmb
March 31st is still Q1.

So I, for one, would be more than happy to get it in March, because it would still delivered be on time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I'd be perfectly happy to get it in March as well. Although I don't really care if it's delayed a couple of months. The only gaming kickstarters I've backed that haven't been delayed have been rpg projects. Every single board and miniature game kickstarter have been delayed in some fashion, and I don't expect MERCS: Recon to be an exception.

As I said, I really don't mind though, as I'd rather have a late but complete instead of early and rushed. Plus there's no lack of games to play at my house!

That said, I'm very curious by nature and would love to hear how the process is going for the MegaCon guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great new update! Glad to see that everything is proceeding as planned. Was happily suprised that we might get the game in April.

Good stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any news. since last update?

I can't understand why so close to shipping (april) we don't have too much info.

A more closer info on Recon will help also myth 2Nd KS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
js379 wrote:
I'm guessing the game has been delayed again and that is why MCG isn't putting out any more info right now.

Let's not jump to conclusions. They stated clearly in their last update that they don't do frequent updates like they've tried in the past and that we should expect an update about once per month.

It's been a little over a month since that update so one is probably forthcoming. My guess is we'll have an update before the launch of Myth Journeyman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Optimistic part of me says they did want to include a video of Lockdown in the update. Maybe that pushed it back.

Now comes the part of me that has doubts.

As someone who pledged for Recon and is looking forward to the Myth 2 KS, I get the feeling that MegaCon Games has 'too many irons in the fire'.

They are a small company that has 3 different properties right now. MERCS, Myth, and Emergence Event. MERCS is divided with MERCS TT, MERCS Recon, and MERCS Conflict. And Myth is going to branch with Myth and Myth Journeyman.

In my opinion Myth suffered somewhat last year due to the focus on getting Recon up and going on KS. And now I feel that Recon and TT is going through the same due to the next Myth KS.

If Recon is as far along as MCG says it is, there is no reason that a PDF of the final rulebook cannot be posted on their site. It would assuage some backers and show definite progress.

The MERCS TT 2.0 was supposedly going to ship early like Conflict. Now the latest is an open public BETA that will begin soonish? Which means there will most likely be 2 waves for Recon backers at the OPFOR level and those that purchased TT stuff.

TL;DR - When is comes to MCG and their timetable of getting things done hope for the best, but expect the not so good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myth and Myth Journeyman are not two seperate games like MERCS and Recon. Journeyman is just more content for Myth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, reading the last update it seems like things are on track and moving forward with no real problems beside a small delay:
Quote:
For Recon, we are on point without the needless worry, we’ve done our job and await the producers and shippers to do theirs.

This tells me that they're actually finished with Recon and putting focus on Myth Journeyman won't impact the Recon kickstarter at all. The second edition of the Mercs tabletop rulebook was supposed to ship separately from the beginning (although earlier than Recon) so the only thing that has changed there is that we'll (probably) get it after Recon instead of before.

I just don't see the need for baseless theories about things going horribly wrong only because we don't get weekly updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davro33 wrote:
Myth and Myth Journeyman are not two seperate games like MERCS and Recon. Journeyman is just more content for Myth.

I realize that. That is why I said branching. The new KS will have, like Recon, 2 core (expansion) boxes. One will include a new Hero, new enemy, and allow existing Heroes to go down the "Light" path. The other box will include a new Hero, a new enemy, and allow existing Heroes to go down the "Dark" path.

For me Myth will be branching with the new KS. Some people will stick with the base game, some will pick up one of the expansions, and some will(me) grab both. Not bad in and of itself for MCG, just more time and resources to balance out Myth as it grows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cogdiz wrote:
Again, reading the last update it seems like things are on track and moving forward with no real problems beside a small delay:
Quote:
For Recon, we are on point without the needless worry, we’ve done our job and await the producers and shippers to do theirs.

This tells me that they're actually finished with Recon and putting focus on Myth Journeyman won't impact the Recon kickstarter at all.

It mostly relates to MERCS TT 2.0, which MCG tied to Recon. I still don't think wanting a final rulebook PDF for Recon is too much to ask for. I do agree with you about MCG being more on point with Recon. The "ride" so far with Recon has been better than it was with Myth.

Cogdiz wrote:
The second edition of the Mercs tabletop rulebook was supposed to ship separately from the beginning (although earlier than Recon) so the only thing that has changed there is that we'll (probably) get it after Recon instead of before.

Mostly agree. Info deemed important by me is bolded.

In response to a question in the General Comments Section:
Creator MERCS Miniatures on April 17, 2014
"@Tris
1. They will not.
1a. The 200 level gives you the 2.0 TT cards.
2. This is correct, but ISS will be unlocked tonight so you can almost count that one as well.
3. If should be available earlier, but we were going to ship Conflict and the TT 2.0 rule book early (together) when they are both ready."

Next up is a response in the Comments Section of Update #65:
Creator MERCS Miniatures on July 17, 2014
"@Christina I know Conflict will. I'll have an update in a few weeks about picking up Conflict at Gencon. MERCS TT 2.0 rules is getting a non-fancy layout this week and will be provided on our forums (and I'll provide a link here) for feedback from players.
It will be ready end of this year, beginning of next, so at the same time as Recon."

And finally from what I could find from Update #66 in the Update text:
"Tabletop 2.0
As mentioned above, I am still writing lore about the individual MERCS and the factions. We now expect 2.0 to be delivered with Recon in January."

That is the last of what I remembered concerning MERCS TT 2.0 from the KS updates/comments. The only other info I could find was from the MCG forum:
MERCKenny Dec 2014"Yep Q1 was the goal and I hope we make it. It really depends on the workload and how quickly we eliminate some of our current objectives. I might have been optimistic but we have to have goals!"

Cogdiz wrote:
I just don't see the need for baseless theories about things going horribly wrong only because we don't get weekly updates.

I have never asked for weekly updates and don't really understand those who insist on them. Once a month is fine by me or when the Creator of a KS has something important to share.

Btw, this came today from the Myth KS Update #139 in the comments section. Yay?
Quote:
Creator MERCS Miniatures about 1 hour ago
I can tell you that Recon will receive an update tomorrow or Wednesday. Nothing bad, just an update based off the resolution of the Long Beach dock workers strike that was killing us and what it means to Recon backers.

As for baseless theories, I can't really help you there. All I know is that MCG hasn't left a comment on the Recon KS page since Oct. 9th of last year. Updates yes, comments none since 10/9/14.

And having said all this and believing what I believe, I'm all in on MCG. I went all in on Myth. I went all in on Recon(well, OPFOR plus all add ons). And I'm going all in on Myth: Journeyman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is some nice quote finding skills there, Sir Wilhelm!
I wasn't having a go at you, just venting some general frustration with people lacking patience.

I had forgotten that the rulebook was supposed to have been shipped with Conflict. This makes it seem likely they'll take an extra hit on shipping if it goes out later than Recon (which also seems likely).

As for getting it later than originally announced - well, to me it was all about Recon and I upped to the OPFOR level just out of a "sure, I'll give it a try at this price" kind of thing (even though it's facing stiff competition with Infinity!). Besides, the main point of the Kickstarter was Recon, with the TT book being a kind on so I won't fault them for not getting it out on time.

That dock workers strike... urgh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the compliment. Slow day at work

No hard feelings on you venting as that was pretty much what I was doing too with my post. Myth was my first big KS. It has taught me much patience...well some.

I too upped to the OPFOR level (last day of the KS) for pretty much the same reason. The bang for the buck was too much to pass up. I used to play 40k back in the day and was interested in trying out a smaller scale TT game.

I am a huge fan of MCG. So, seeing stuff like them having to eat shipping again on a late product irritates me. I know it is not my money, so why does it? Probably greed I think. The more money and time they devote to stuff like that is less money and time they can put towards pumping out more product for me. All for me devil.

Strikes in general...soblue...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason I passed on the Myth kickstarter and I've kicked myself ever since! Hopefully there will be some option in the Journeyman kickstarter to at least get the base game bundled with the expansions.

Oh well, guess we'll simply have to wait for the update tomorrow or Thursday. Here's hoping that the delay isn't too bad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I am fingers crossed for an update soon after the myth 2 ks.

I hopped late into Myth, and am happy with it. rough around the edges.. but happy. Looking forward to Recon, and more myth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
perhaps the rules in pdf would help us with the wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.