Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Sean McGrath
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a vivid memory of a game from my childhood (late 70's, early 80's) but I cannot find a reference to it anywhere. The game was Tic Tac TOe, but you played against a chicken. The chicken was in a clear box and had a (I think) red panel in front of it on which it would "peck out" it's cell selections. The player had his/her own panel to select where to place X's or O's.

Was there such a game or am I creating false memories (this is like the time people thought I made up "Bigfoot and Wildboy" until I found pictures to prove it was a real show)? If it's real, what is it called?

Thanks in advance!

Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bolderson
United States
Circleville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Took a Lickin' From A Chicken

One of my favorites as a kid, until it got destroyed by my &%%*()&^& cousins in North Dakota.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McGrath
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! Now I can get off the Lorezapam

Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bolderson
United States
Circleville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have the (loud) music stuck in my head. It played a loud grating rendition of "Old McDonald" and even 30 years later, I can still hear it.

I need to find another copy of this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This brings back memories from the Muskogee County Fair in Oklahoma where I grew up.

They had this same thing, but with a real chicken! The chicken was in a cage and you would put in a quarter and play Tic-Tac-Toe. The chicken would peck at a control panel, but I'm sure it was just a drop of food that would trigger the computer to play against you.

..and, through a quick search, I see that Vegas has picked up on this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

JUST when you think you've understood what a weird place the US of A is, something like this comes along.

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dubin
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snicholson wrote:
This brings back memories from the Muskogee County Fair in Oklahoma where I grew up.

They had this same thing, but with a real chicken! The chicken was in a cage and you would put in a quarter and play Tic-Tac-Toe. The chicken would peck at a control panel, but I'm sure it was just a drop of food that would trigger the computer to play against you.

But when was the last time they had a real alectryomancer?

Rural county fairs just aren't what they used to be. With everyone relying on pesticides and genetically modified seeds, even the few remaining cultic sex rituals seem like pointless screwing around. Here in Illinois I've never seen our temple prostitutes look so glum. Last year just to cheer 'em up we put the scapegoat hide around a Monsanto rep, but even after we stoned him to death they barely cracked a smile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.