Pocket Battles: Confederacy vs Union» Forums » General

Subject: Will we have a new set this year? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis E. Hernández

Puerto de Sagunto, Valencia, SPAIN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if we will be so lucky as to have at least one new Pocket Battles set this year. I would really love to see that Dwarves vs. Undead set which was promised so long ago....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone C.
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like also some other different things like advanced rules, a scenario generator (other than the fan one we had already) and so one, something to revamp this game a little bit, it's going to be stale...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Mori
Italy
Parma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we will have a new set (Napoleonic wars - Grande Armée vs British Army). And (drumroll!) we're actually working also on the 'advanced pocket battles' set, to add several things and variability to your battles. Maybe you'll need bigger pockets, but it should fit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis E. Hernández

Puerto de Sagunto, Valencia, SPAIN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pa°L° wrote:
Yes, we will have a new set (Napoleonic wars - Grande Armée vs British Army). And (drumroll!) we're actually working also on the 'advanced pocket battles' set, to add several things and variability to your battles. Maybe you'll need bigger pockets, but it should fit

Great! I hope there will be longer games.... Terrain tiles can also be a good addition...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GREAT NEWS!
And exactly the two things I would want to see made! Keep 'em coming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pa°L° wrote:

Very cool, my boys will be so excited! All Pocket Battle sets are instant buys for us. Not only is it the very best value in games on the market (though I note the dice quality took a substantial hit with the last set :-/), but as a homeschool Dad they're also great segues into talking about the periods depicted. We look up words, unit types... not sure how else my six year old would have ever pointed to a book in the library and said, "Look Dad, Zouaves!" Haha.

I'm not stalking you Mr. Mori, I promise, but I wondered if you could please settle the question posed elsewhere a couple of times about the possible misprint on the Howizter.

P.S. I bought Augustus as a Christmas present for my wife and it was a huge hit, even with my Mom. Must have played it half a dozen times. Thanks for that one too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Warmack
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Very excited about any new Pocket Battles releases! Have spent such a long time trying to find something that simulates some degree of battlefield tactics that I can easily take on the road--and the simple graphical style attracts even the skeptical (whom I normally couldn't convince to play something like this).

Would love to see expansion on the fantasy lore--a Dwarves vs. Undead pack or some such thing, so that a fantasy-themed battle of truly epic scale could take place, or a little mixing and matching (Elven/Dwarven alliance vs. Orcs & Undead) without violating the fantasy feel.

Or how about Samurai vs. Mongols? surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Any chance of maybe doing a "pocket big box" style release of all the games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fielding Mellish
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
mb
And to pile on the requests, I'd LOVE to see a collector's edition. My wife and I rarely travel without Celts vs Romans. A version with hard plastic tiles, like dominoes or mahjong, would be fantastic. It's a beautiful game as it is when setup, but something like this would be over the top. An heirloom :-).

Heck we'd be first in line for a full on mini's version, but I guess you'd have to lose the 'pocket' title for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd prefer that instead of creating one army per epoch, you would create more variety for a given epoch. For example, several fantasy armies, as someone else has said, to be able to combine them, or more ancient armies like Carthage, Goths or even Egypt, Assyria...

These armies fit better for this kind of battles than gunpowder armies, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Weiler
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since we're getting closer and closer to the end of the year... any news? Will the "Napoleonic Wars" set make it in 2015?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fungi From Yuggoth
United States
Northern Chicago burbs
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fear the Atomic Skull-Bat! (or don't. It's up to you...)
mbmbmbmbmb
Pa°L° wrote:
Yes, we will have a new set (Napoleonic wars - Grande Armée vs British Army). And (drumroll!) we're actually working also on the 'advanced pocket battles' set, to add several things and variability to your battles. Maybe you'll need bigger pockets, but it should fit :)

Sounds wonderful! Any new PB is an instant buy for my wife and I. I'd still like to have one more monster/fantasy set to go with Orcs/Elves but anything is great.

Same thing with terrain. I have my take on simple, randomizable PB terrain in the files section, but I'd love to see an official take on it from the actual designers.

Just a wonderful system. Thanks for then hours of enjoyment in playing and building. I love combat games at this game-weight. Pocket Battles, Ars Victor, C&C: Ancients... that's some fine company there.

Happy Gaming,

M13
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Merryweather
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any more news on both of these sets and the Dwarves Vs. Undead set? I've been looking forward to all three but there hasn't been any news in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.