Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

This game looks intriguing. But I would love to know how many hunters the non-agent player has to manage in a 2 player game. Is it just one hunter on the board vs. the one agent? Or does the hunter player have to control multiple? If so, does the hunter player activate all hunters each round?

Thanks in advance for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olden
Wales
Cardiff
Cardiff
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two hunters a present in a two player game and both get a movement action per game round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad B
United States
Van Buren
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Deus Ex
mbmbmbmbmb
PHG has posted the rulebook on their web site. On page 3 it says in the 2-player game, the hunter player selects 2 hunters to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan and Chad beat me to it (Kudos). In a two player game, the hunter player will control two hunter characters and will take actions with both hunters each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Threadromancy... sorry.

But I think a 1 on 1 game could be done, with either

1. Limiting the game to one half of the map. Dropping hit points, objectives and time limit in half. (or a facsimile there of).

or

2.Creating a smaller map equivalent. with rules additions listed above.

~Will

ps. Any chance we could see a new alternative Board or even the original "Cipher" version of the board released as either a physical or Print and play version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Floydski wrote:

Threadromancy... sorry.

But I think a 1 on 1 game could be done, with either

1. Limiting the game to one half of the map. Dropping hit points, objectives and time limit in half. (or a facsimile there of).

or

2.Creating a smaller map equivalent. with rules additions listed above.

~Will

ps. Any chance we could see a new alternative Board or even the original "Cipher" version of the board released as either a physical or Print and play version?

It's certainly viable to tweak the board size, starting HP, equipment, time limit to create shorter (or longer) games. You might need a few iterations to get the balanced experience you are looking for.

As for alternative boards, I definitely have plans to produce new boards with new gameplay elements. As for the original "Cipher OPS" board graphics, I can post that up as a JPG in the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nazcagames wrote:

It's certainly viable to tweak the board size, starting HP, equipment, time limit to create shorter (or longer) games. You might need a few iterations to get the balanced experience you are looking for.

As for alternative boards, I definitely have plans to produce new boards with new gameplay elements. As for the original "Cipher OPS" board graphics, I can post that up as a JPG in the files section.

Looking forward to more boards with new gameplay elements. There is a real potential here for some novel additions to enrich the already solid and fun deductive game-play experience.

That would be great if you could share your original board. I like the gritty "modern stealth" aesthetics of the Cipher-Ops board quite a bit.

Thank you,
~Will

This new take on the genre has me thinking about applications in different Time Periods and genres. As well as an old game called "Stop Thief"(1984). Which was a bit of a competitive co-op deductive game based around detectives hunting down thieves (who's movements are controlled by the game via an electronic device) across a city map which contained 4 main stores, streets and a subway system. It was a clever game and is still as fun today as it was back then. I really think it is due for a modern update, unique detectives and thieves with special abilities. Likewise, the electronic device for this game had me thinking what if someone could make a Device agnostic app(Android/iOs) that could control the Agent in Spectre Ops and allow for a pure coop game.

Apologies, just thinking out loud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Floydski wrote:
That would be great if you could share your original board design. I like the gritty "modern stealth" aesthetics of the original quite a bit.

File has been uploaded, just needs BGG approval.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.