8 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attachment question on initial starting deployment groups rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
V J

New York
msg tools
Can you put an attachment on a initial deployment group that already is on the board at the start of a mission ?

Technically since you are deploying them to the board to start it seems that it should be allowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Initial groups can have attachments when deployed (that is during setting up the mission).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Friedberg
United States
Warsaw
IN
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
does an attachment on a group affect the whole group? I thought it was only a single (like the jetpack for a single trooper...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the rules don't say you have to make up a way to track one special unit - it applies to them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules actually cover that it affects them all:
RRG - Attachment wrote:
• When the Imperial player deploys figures to the map, he may
take one or more “Attachment” cards and place them on the
figures’ corresponding Deployment card. The abilities on the
cards apply to all figures in the group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimo
United Kingdom
Winchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
Yes. Initial groups can have attachments when deployed (that is during setting up the mission).

Hi Richard.
Could you explain your reasoning. Your way makes sense thematically but we decided you couldn't put attachments on setup troops as they weren't being deployed (in the way the rules talk about deployment) I don't have the rules to hand so I'm sorry I can't better explain my reasoning.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimolideen wrote:
SirRoke wrote:

Hi Richard.
Could you explain your reasoning. Your way makes sense thematically but we decided you couldn't put attachments on setup troops as they weren't being deployed (in the way the rules talk about deployment) I don't have the rules to hand so I'm sorry I can't better explain my reasoning.
Thanks

Sure.

Attachment, Rules Reference, page 5:
"When the Imperial player deploys figures to the map, he may take one or more “Attachment” cards and place it on the figure’s corresponding Deployment card. The ability on the card applies to all figures in the group."

Mission Setup, Rules Reference, page 18:
Step 3: "The Imperial player takes all Deployment cards and sorts them into groups as listed in the “Deployment and Setup” box of the mission rules. This box has up to four different elements:
-- Initial Groups: He takes the listed Deployment cards and places them faceup on the table."
Step 4: "Deploy Imperial Figures: The Imperial player deploys figures on the map as indicated in the diagram."

So my understanding is that when setting up any mission, the Imperial player takes the Initial Groups deployment cards in step 3 and then Deploys them as indicated on the mission map in step 4. Attachments are attached when the figures are deployed, per the attachment rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimo
United Kingdom
Winchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
jimolideen wrote:
SirRoke wrote:

Hi Richard.
Thanks

Sure.

Attachment, Rules Reference, page 5:
"When the Imperial player deploys figures to the map, he may take one or more “Attachment” cards and place it on the figure’s corresponding Deployment card. The ability on the card applies to all figures in the group."

Mission Setup, Rules Reference, page 18:
Step 3: "The Imperial player takes all Deployment cards and sorts them into groups as listed in the “Deployment and Setup” box of the mission rules. This box has up to four different elements:
-- Initial Groups: He takes the listed Deployment cards and places them faceup on the table."
Step 4: "Deploy Imperial Figures: The Imperial player deploys figures on the map as indicated in the diagram."

So my understanding is that when setting up any mission, the Imperial player takes the Initial Groups deployment cards in step 3 and then Deploys them as indicated on the mission map in step 4. Attachments are attached when the figures are deployed, per the attachment rules.

Well that's pretty watertight. Thanks for explaining it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.