Nick Switzer
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

I am looking to join or put together a weekly or every other week gaming group. Ideally it'd be a group of 5, committed players that would be able to meet up often for gaming. Beyond the Board in Dublin would be a great place to meet as it is free to play there and they let you bring in food and drinks. Please, please let me know if anyone would be interested.

Cheers!
Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be able to join CABS.

http://buckeyeboardgamers.org/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Byler
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am definitely interested. Sent you a PM!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick, you read my mind! I live in Dublin and an looking for a steady group as well. PM incoming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Byler
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boomtron wrote:
Nick, you read my mind! I live in Dublin and an looking for a steady group as well. PM incoming.

Yay, another Columbus gamer! Hopefully we can get something started!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Westerville and depending on when you are looking to organize I may be interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Byler
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bookblogger wrote:
I'm in Westerville and depending on when you are looking to organize I may be interested.

I think they were thinking of Beyond the Board which is in Dublin off 161.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on when the group wants to meet I could easily make a trip to Dublin. I wasn't trying to get the location moved by any means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Spence
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in Hilliard and a friend of mine are really the two consistent members in our little group (typically we have 3 total on a good night but have had as many as 6)...Send me a private message of when you were thinking of playing and what kind of games you like to play. I know on nights where we couldn't get people together we would go to Beyond the Board. We normally play every other weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Zernechel
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would encourage anyone in the Columbus area to check out CABS (website linked above), we have a meeting tonight (1/16) and the next two Saturdays. Lots of space, plenty of games in the library and people to play with. Please come check us out.

If not, well, I'm in Dublin/Hilliard as well. Happy to game a bit outside of CABS too.

Good luck,
Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Spence
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably would check out CABS my only problem, and I completely understand why, is I don't want to have to pay a fee to play. I don't have a large collection but I also don't have a problem buying a new game when I see one I want (in the past 4 months I bought 15 games). I have a decent gaming group and when I don't I am close enough to Beyond the Board I wouldn't have a problem finding someone. Eventually I will probably break down and check CABS out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Zernechel
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I can certainly understand that.

If you come, ask for me, I'm often around.

First visit is free, so it can be worth it just to know what the option is. After that we do ask for either a day fee or that you join. If you like it, well, first time membership is like buying a game (and I think we are still giving free games for new members).

I've been a member for many years (13ish?) and I've never regretted buying a membership. Met a lot of friends through CABS.

Ian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Spence
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
izernechel wrote:

First visit is free, so it can be worth it just to know what the option is. After that we do ask for either a day fee or that you join. If you like it, well, first time membership is like buying a game (and I think we are still giving free games for new members).

I've been a member for many years (13ish?) and I've never regretted buying a membership. Met a lot of friends through CABS.

Ian

Ian I would be like you I don't think I would regret doing it but paying for the membership would make me feel obligated to go to all the meetings as I paid for it.

I think I am also so used to hosting our game night at my house because I have all the games that I am in my comfort zone there. It may be a little while before I venture into a large gaming environment like CABS. I do like the idea of having nothing to do on a Saturday and start gaming at 8 am or whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Byler
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
izernechel wrote:

Ian

How is the CABS scene if you just show up by yourself? I'm always afraid of not finding anyone to play with or anyone interested in the games I am. Can you take your own games to CABS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Switzer
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only time I went to CABS was by myself and I was worried about the same thing. But I received a very warm welcome and had offers to join multiple games throughout the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Switzer
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To those of you who have shown interest in starting up a group I haven't forgotten about you and I'm going to try to put something together in the next week or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Byler
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Switzer51 wrote:
To those of you who have shown interest in starting up a group I haven't forgotten about you and I'm going to try to put something together in the next week or two.

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Stein
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's already people meeting at Beyond the Board on Thursdays. I don't know how organized that is, but I've heard CABS members who live over there talk about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Spence
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be up for meeting there like every other Thursday...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Byler
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bordgamer wrote:
I think there's already people meeting at Beyond the Board on Thursdays. I don't know how organized that is, but I've heard CABS members who live over there talk about it.

Last time I was there, the person who was working mentioned Tuesday nights and Thursday nights were their big gaming nights. So we may want to select a night other than those if it ends up being too crowded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicole Byler
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brycespence wrote:
I would be up for meeting there like every other Thursday...

Same. Thursdays are great days for me too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty insane that Beyond the Board doesn't have a website or an online calendar I can quickly find on Google which states what night(s) are officially scheduled "board game nights."

I've heard about Thursdays at BtB as well, but I haven't made it out there yet. I'm in Delaware and go to CABS almost every weekend. I would love to game more, but it's hard to justify ignoring other obligations without a solid plan.

I understand the hesitance to pay a fee for gaming at CABS. I've enjoyed other local free groups just about as much as CABS in the past. But CABS does have a convenient location and people to network with. It's at least worth stopping in for an evening if you've never been there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Spence
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amodman wrote:
It's pretty insane that Beyond the Board doesn't have a website or an online calendar I can quickly find on Google which states what night(s) are officially scheduled "board game nights."

I've heard about Thursdays at BtB as well, but I haven't made it out there yet. I'm in Delaware and go to CABS almost every weekend. I would love to game more, but it's hard to justify ignoring other obligations without a solid plan.

I understand the hesitance to pay a fee for gaming at CABS. I've enjoyed other local free groups just about as much as CABS in the past. But CABS does have a convenient location and people to network with. It's at least worth stopping in for an evening if you've never been there.

They do not have a website...they also just opened last year I believe. If you go in there they do have a calendar of events or if you call they will let you know about their designated game nights. I do think on Fridays and Saturdays it gets pretty crowded. I guess I would be up for really any night of the week but it would be an every other week sort of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brycespence wrote:
They do not have a website...they also just opened last year I believe. If you go in there they do have a calendar of events or if you call they will let you know about their designated game nights. I do think on Fridays and Saturdays it gets pretty crowded. I guess I would be up for really any night of the week but it would be an every other week sort of thing.

That's exactly what I was saying is backwards. It's 2015. They really need to make their info available online. I personally cannot be hassled to contact them directly over info that should be online if they actually want people to see it and show up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Spence
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha, it does still cost money to have a website and if they are unfamiliar with how to update it then they would have to pay someone to do that! BTB is a small place that just opened not that long ago. I think it would take you just as long to look for their phone number and call them as it would you clicking through a website...calling and interacting with someone is such a hassle though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.