Subject: First Play - Order Token Removal? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Boyd
United States
flag msg tools
Yup, that's me. By John Kovalic.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ran through the first scenario last night with my 10 yo, and still can't wrap my brain around the removal of Order/Activated tokens. My understanding is that Order tokens should be removed after a unit activates. How then do you keep track of which units are eligible for a supply Phase move. We ended up leaving the tokens face up on their units after activation. Not a huge issue with such a small scenario, but more so when we move on to larger ones.

Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leave order tokens face up on unit. At times you may also need to mark units as Activated using the cardboard tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, just turn the block face up as a reminder.

If you get really bored you can place an Activated token on a unit after removing the order block. This gives a nice uniform look to the game. I just leave the face up order marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the order tokens/activation markers must stay on the units until the end of the supply phase where you collect your order tokens again.
this way you should have a clear view of which units can move during the supply phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Hendrix
Netherlands
Geleen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note the order tokens are activated in a cycle; for example #5 must be activated, but if #5 is already destroyed, you can't activate #6 instead and have to wait for the #6 cycle.
I recently discovered this rule as it turns out we were playing it wrong all along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Boyd
United States
flag msg tools
Yup, that's me. By John Kovalic.
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, sounds like we did it right after all. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Raz
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grauenacht wrote:
Also note the order tokens are activated in a cycle; for example #5 must be activated, but if #5 is already destroyed, you can't activate #6 instead and have to wait for the #6 cycle.
I recently discovered this rule as it turns out we were playing it wrong all along.

Yeah this is pretty important with cards that let you trump initative also. For example, if I play a card that trumps initative before you activate the unit with order #1, I can only activate my unit with order #1 before yours correct? I would not be able to use it to activate my unit with order #2 for example? In other words the two units have to be in the same order cycle I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.