Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I P500ded the new printing, and I am trying to figure out my budget. I know my card hasn't billed yet -- and in fact I have no idea when it will be. It would help to know that so I can set aside the money for when it is (I have a checking account with a debit VISA).

Does anyone know who I can ask at GMT, or whether anyone at GMT is even likely to have an idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Their January 9 news letter say it's being reprinted Jan 15, so I'd expect it 1st quarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a link to the January 9 update:

http://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=308

It says GMT expects to ship Paths of Glory in late January.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a note from GMT saying 1/13, which is extremely awkward for me as I don't get paid until the 16th. Unless I can get them to change my billing method I'll be stuck with an overdraft (and my bank is not the most forgiving on those).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael, if you call the GMT people and let them know about your dilemma, I think they'll accommodate your request. They're a pretty small operation and can usually do this sort of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I answered the e-mail when they gave me the date, so they already know about the situation. And I have their number in Google Contacts, so it's easy for me to contact them. The thing is they are sending out several different games Tuesday with hundreds of orders for each. They'll be busy.

But I see no reason now that they couldn't make the change if I take the initiative and make sure to keep it up on my end.

I'm reaslly looking forward to getting this again and only wish I could have afforded to get their WWII Pacific game as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Finkenbinder
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been waiting for this reprint for a long time - just recently put in my P500 order for it. I have been holding off on playing because I like to own a copy - and I don't want to overpay for an older edition (even if the last edition is practically the same as this one).

GMT's newsletter says that cards will be charged on 1/13. I have two questions:

1) If I just put in my P500 order this past weekend, does that still count for the discounted price and early shipment? I had an order in, but it got messed up and I had to delete and re-order.

2) How long after the charging of the card, does GMT ship a pre-order?

This is one of 3 total P500s I have ever committed to, to date. The other two (Empire of the Sun and the new US Civil War) won't be out until later this year.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigbadscrubb wrote:
2) How long after the charging of the card, does GMT ship a pre-order?

GMT provides details on how the P500 program works. Charging typically occurs on the order of a few weeks before shipping, but be advised that there is an ongoing work slowdown occurring at the major West Coast ports due to a labor dispute--this could affect timelines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My order has been successfully switched. As it turned out, I had a second order I had completely forgotten about! So they trimmed my record down so I would only get (and pay for) one copy.

Looks like I won't get my game all that much later than everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caerid is just some guy
United States
Cannon Falls
MN
flag msg tools
Can't I even get privacy in the bathroom?
mbmbmbmbmb
Reprint will be hitting GMT's docks today and tomorrow. All pre-orders should be shipping end of this week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.