Popular Tags: [View All]
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently noticed that a member of the geek whose posts I thought were particularly humorous was from a nearby town. Madison, MS is a 15 minute drive from where I live. After contacting him, I realized that he and I had several connections quite apart from our mutual love of boardgames. He attended a game night at our house last month. Tonight, I returned the favor and spent an evening playing boardgames in his home. He owns a number of games that I've been interested in for some time. Tonight we played Louis XIV and Cartegna. I can't remember when I've had a more enjoyable evening of gaming. I'm almost always playing with folks who know less about games than I do. In other words, they aren't geeks. I always feel pressure to make sure the other players have a good time and enjoy the game(s) as much as possible. What a pleasure it was to sit down and have someone teach me a game. It was great to be able to just focus on the game, knowing that the person across the table was enjoying the game at least as much as I was. I'm looking forward to many future evenings like this one. Once again, thanks to Aldie & Co. for this online treasure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthan Heiselt
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Lucky you, I keep checking back, but the closest gamer to my location is about an hours drive.

Well, at least I have a gaming group to attend to every month (even though it is not close by).

BGG IS awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.