Hide
7 Posts

Star Wars PocketModel TCG» Forums » General

Subject: Question on buying new sets, # of sets to play, etc. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Works
msg tools
We got one pack for Christmas (the "Imperial Power-up Pack"). Once we opened it and read the instructions, we learned that we need at least one other pack to play.

1) Does it have to be another "Imperial Power-up Pack" or can it be *any* Star Wars PocketModel set?

2) Is anyone here selling any?

3) If not, is there a better place to buy one or more sets than eBay or Amazon?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First - here's 30 geek gold to go buy yourself an avatar.

Next: Any pack set will do. You will really want about 3 booster packs each to really be able to play the full game. More if you want to start to customize your fleet/ cards.

Best bet would be to 5 Below / Tuesday Morning type stores (Guessing that is where your Imperial box came from). Ebay, Hills Wholesale (shipping is a bit steep if you are not ordering in bulk though). There's an active miniatures trading website... can't recall the web addy though.

I'd suggest putting it on your trade 'want' list and check the BGG marketplace - both here. Finally you could simply do a post right here titled, 'Looking to buy/ trade for Star Wars stuff'. I'm guessing you would get some responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, eBays the place to go to get sets.

I've even bought a shedload of German packs for the ships (which have English text on them) for penny's and just translated the cards to printouts for when they appear in play ... Walts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Works
msg tools
moonglum01 wrote:
First - here's 30 geek gold to go buy yourself an avatar.

Next: Any pack set will do. You will really want about 3 booster packs each to really be able to play the full game. More if you want to start to customize your fleet/ cards.

Best bet would be to 5 Below / Tuesday Morning type stores...

I'd suggest putting it on your trade 'want' list and check the BGG marketplace - both here...

Yes, it was "5 Below". We got the last one, and I checked out Tuesday Morning today per your suggestion. No luck at our location.

I'll try posting in the other sections of this site that you recommended.

Gorlab wrote:
Honestly, eBays the place to go to get sets.

I've even bought a shedload of German packs for the ships (which have English text on them) for penny's and just translated the cards to printouts for when they appear in play ... Walts

Walts, that is a *great* idea. I couldn't find any currently on eBay... is that where you found yours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sadly people seem to put them in all the wrong categories on ebay. Best bet is to do a search using the term, star wars wizkids or star wars pocket models.

for example this guy has 10 boosters for $17 http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam... - decent price.

I wouldn't pay more than $2 per pack for boosters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pearo

Portland
Oregon
msg tools
I just put a bunch (about 33) and some cards up tonight.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Some of the cards have ships that I have made and kept, but everything in the lot is unpunched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are interested in more, PM me. I got a collection to unload

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.