Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mongoose just posted a few pics of this prepainted non-collectable miniatures game.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=222...

I can smell my bankruptcy already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
GOOD GOD!!!!

I am STUNNED by these!

Starship Troopers is going to use the same rules set and minis technology.

This prepainting is absolutely incredible.

If this gets picked up by other companies, gaming is going to have a whole new look in a few years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got official permission directly from Mongoose Publishing to place those pics here. Keep your eyes open!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the fact that now i can get into table top miniature gaming...i have the money, and some time, but never had enough time to paint and construct armies...so i was forced to play games like A&A minis and the like, but while fun, they never satisfied me like battlefield should be able to! I love having a scale miniatures game that comes prepainted and assmbled...i'm in! Now i just have to find someone to play with...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we looking at the same pictures? Only the photos I see look AWFUL. Really, really bad.

Now I'm pretty sure that the "pre-release" photos I saw looked a lot better, but he ones on the Mongoose website now are - I suspect - "finished product". And rather than risk misleading people by keeping up old pics, they've started to use pics showing the figures as they really will be.

Or else it's someone's idea of a bad joke.

Because the current phots show minis that are no better than the usual pre-painted figs from Heroscape, *-clix etc. Good enough for $10-12; nowhere near good enough to sell for more than double that. I thought that the Brits were particularly poor until I scrolled down and saw the Arabs.

My guess is that the figures are being produced in China, and Mongoose have been royally screwed by their supplier (can I say that here? Probably not). Hmmm - "Games company let down by Chinese supplier". There's a headline I've not seen often enough in the last 12 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, these new photos look terrible. The photos released when they first started the pre-paint process were very promising and I was quite keen to see how the Starship Troopers ones ended up, but these gulp these are woeful. The dude with the silver glasses... heroclix anyone?

This is a tremendous letdown. Speed painted crap sold for prices to make you think they are good. shake

Ben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. On the Mongoose home pages, the forum posting where the look of the ACTUAL production figures was getting a slating has been taken down, along with a promise to post "better" photos soo, and a suggestion that the figures do in fact look better in "real life". Though TBH it's hard to think how they could look any worse.

Right now, I've gone from writing Games Workshop's obituary to rethinking the future of Mongoose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Borges
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All I can say is, no matter how 'bad' these figures may look, they are 100x better than I myself could do. Thank goodness for pre-painted, non-collectible games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.