Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gotten a handle on most of the cards okay, but the Stay Low card is kind of ambiguous.

"Permanently treat your Location as having a "None" Reinforcement"

Does it mean the current location in which you played it will permanently have "none" for reinforcement? Or does it mean that all locations you are in are treated as having "none" reinforcements?

If it meant the Location that the player soldier that played the card was in, then it should have said "treat your current Location", so then you can put that card next to that location and it would always have "none".

If it means any Locations you soldiers are in, then it should have said something like, "treat all Locations".

I suppose if it is for only the current location type of thing, then thematically you are just staying low when passing through that location to avoid drawing reinforcements. Though if you do any attacking in that location, it kind of shoots the sneaky aspect out of the water

I'd suspect that "all" locations would be too powerful, so I'll play it as current location unless otherwise corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is another one of those situations where you need to read the card very literally in order to play it properly.

As the player soldier who played the card, as you play it from your hand, you look at your player soldier's location, and treat that reinforce value as "None". The singular use of the word seems to indicate only one location, and not all.

The addition of the word "current" before location would make it more clear, but I think you're good here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense and how I see it too. But it had just enough of a "what if?" to it, that I thought I'd bring it up.

It'll also help anyone else searching in regards to that card to have an easy find for the answer. Thanks for the confirmation xBino
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is the current location of that player soldier of the hand size of action cards from which You plays the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This card came in real handy this morning while playing my 3rd mission of my Insurgent campaign.

It was an escape objective (VIP Kidnapping) and set on #5. So I needed 3 locations to pass through before escaping to the mission card. There were 11 turns allowed and throughout the first 9 turns, I had only managed to draw 2 locations. I only had 1 player soldier (Thomas) with 5 health, but he had a canteen and a hydration pack to help get more cards. Man it was brutal, as he was spending so many of his actions to discard and draw. It took until turn 10 of 11 for him to finally get a 3rd location to play (actually got 2 locations during that discard/draw), but it took 60 cards to get 4 locations!

But back to the Stay Low card. The 2nd location away from the objective card (that we started on for escape), was the Citadel, which has a 0-2 reinforcement value. Man, things were tough because of being bogged down so much w/o finding locations. So fortunately during one of my discard and draw actions, I got the Stay Low card that allowed me to permanently consider that location as having "None" for reinforcement. That was huge in helping me not having to deal with extra hostiles while I was searching for another place to travel through.

Barely won on turn 11 of 11, but got all 3 soldiers home safe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this card, Speedball, and maybe Break Contact (very situational) are game changers when they show up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.