Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the fateful turn. Since it did not look like I'd take Tegucigalpa soon, I decdied to leave some infantry units with some support units (engineers, artillery) to slowly reduce it, and instead turned towards El Salvador. I was a bit over confidient (playing the Contradora scenario around the same time can do that). I concentrated most of my best units- tanks, artillery, 3-4-4, 3-3-4 infantry, engineers and attack helicopters to attack into El Salvador. During the air phase this is what it looked like:

His Marine air units based in San Miguel intercepted them and drove them back. After combat, I did have some units across the river. However, on his turn, he launched an amphibious invasion through Nacome. I had not considered that he would do an invasion somewhere other than into Nicaragua, and that the hex selected was a sea hex. I'd say it is a sea hex and he can invade there. He quickly surrounded my forces. This is what it looked like:

In the pocket was an engineer, tank regiment, 3-4-4 brigade, Soviet Spetnatz, artillery, anti-tank, 3-3-4 regiment. Ouch! The cordon was drawn pretty tightly too.

Meanwhile, in the south, the siege of the ARDE entrenchment continues. One of his ARDE guerillas got loose, but was ran down and destroyed.

Out in the east, the Cubans set up their defensive perimeter. Meanwhile four Soviet MiG 27's continue their anti-merchant ship mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.