Hide
8 Posts

Tragedy Looper» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about the Police Officer's goodwill ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Bonner
msg tools
Here's a contrived situation. Suppose Killer A, Killer B, Key Person A, Key Person B, and the Police Officer are in the same location at day end. The mastermind announces that Key Person A is dead, and the protagonists reverse the death with the Police Officer's goodwill ability.

1) After the death is prevented, does the mastermind have the option to continue and immediately kill Key Person B with the other Killer, or does the interrupt only trigger after the mastermind has already made all of his moves for the phase?

2) Assuming the mastermind can continue with other abilities, can he turn around and kill Key Person A again with the second Killer, or does the goodwill ability prevent Key Person A from dying at all this phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
MythrilCircuit wrote:
1) After the death is prevented, does the mastermind have the option to continue and immediately kill Key Person B with the other Killer, or does the interrupt only trigger after the mastermind has already made all of his moves for the phase?

The prevent death is an interrupt, so yes, the mastermind could kill the other Key Person.

I wonder what crazed script would have 2 Key Persons, though.

MythrilCircuit wrote:
2) Assuming the mastermind can continue with other abilities, can he turn around and kill Key Person A again with the second Killer, or does the goodwill ability prevent Key Person A from dying at all this phase?

It prevents one death. Not protects one character from several deaths.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I was wondering whether having a Factor in play could cause you to have two Key People, but I guess the rules are specific that the Factor has the abilities but not the role.

That means that a Killer can't kill the Factor even when both the school and the Factor have 2 Intrigue, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Hmm, I was wondering whether having a Factor in play could cause you to have two Key People, but I guess the rules are specific that the Factor has the abilities but not the role.

That means that a Killer can't kill the Factor even when both the school and the Factor have 2 Intrigue, right?

Yes. They are not Key Persons. They just get the Key Person abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bonner
msg tools
Zimeon wrote:

Off the top of my head, maybe something like...

Incident: Outbreak - All Persons with 2 or more Intrigue gain the Key Person role for the rest of the current loop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MythrilCircuit wrote:
Zimeon wrote:

Off the top of my head, maybe something like...

Incident: Outbreak - All Persons with 2 or more Intrigue gain the Key Person role for the rest of the current loop.

Not that it changes things in this particular case, but keep in mind that they gain the Key Person ability, not the Key Person role.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bonner
msg tools
Zimeon wrote:
Not that it changes things in this particular case, but keep in mind that they gain the Key Person ability, not the Key Person role.

I think that's only true for the Factor ability specifically. The Paranoia Virus subplot just says Persons "turn into Serial Killers," and there's this bit in the player's handbook:

"Reset the gaming field to return it to the 'Loop starts' state. The reason this is done is to see that any possible role changes that might have occurred during the final loop are reverted back to their starting state."

So it looks like you can have both kinds of effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MythrilCircuit wrote:
The Paranoia Virus subplot just says Persons "turn into Serial Killers,"

Ah, that's true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.