Pizza Box Football Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: 2006 Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John sizemore
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
First, I'd just like to say that I really enjoy this game. For me it strikes the perfect balance between playability & simulation...very fun and fast playing, yet has all the 'flavor' of real football.

Ok, what I am wondering is when the new expansion teams are released, will there be any new rule changes/additions, or will it just be new team cards with updated strengths & weaknesses?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for all of the compliments. And we appreciate everyone who has patiently waited for the updated teams.

We're a couple days away from our official announcement, which is dependent upon word from our printer.

But I can confidently tell you this:

(1) The 2006 teams will be released as a booster to the expansion game. There will not be additional changes to the rules in this booster.

(2) The 2006 teams are updated for strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks to you and everyone for their support and patience.

All the best,

Erik Smith
On The Line Game Company
The Makers of Pizza Box Football
www.PizzaBoxFootball.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John sizemore
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Erik, Thank you for the reply. To be honest, I was hoping that there would NOT be any rule changes as this leads me to feel that the current rules set is pretty stable & bulletproof. Again, I tip-my-hat to the folks who designed, developed, & play tested Pizza Box Football

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if I didn't buy the expansion initially, will the second expansion still have the expansion components and rules included? In other words, will I need to buy the first expansion in order to play this booster? Regardless, I'm looking forward to the updated teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Unitoch wrote:
So, if I didn't buy the expansion initially, will the second expansion still have the expansion components and rules included? In other words, will I need to buy the first expansion in order to play this booster? Regardless, I'm looking forward to the updated teams.

The 2006 booster for the expansion will come with all of the rules and plays included with the original expansion. These rules and plays are also downloadable for free from our web site at www.PizzaBoxFootball.com.

No, you won't be required to buy the original expansion to enjoy the 2006 booster with the updated teams.

That said, the 2006 Expansion Game Booster will not come with the additional pegs that came with the original expansion for Pizza Box Football. The additional pegs gave you more team colors to play with, but you do not need them to enjoy playing Pizza Box Football with the 2006 teams.

[Updated December 5, 2006. THE EXPANSION HAS SHIPPED!]

Erik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean that this expansion will cost slightly less than the 2005 expansion?

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Waido
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
Erik,

Is it "True/Not True" that there will be a college team expansion for Pizza Box Football?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLongshot wrote:
Does this mean that this expansion will cost slightly less than the 2005 expansion?

Jason

In my original reply I had said:

Quote:
The 2006 booster will sell for less than the original expansion game.

I was wrong. The price will be $19.99, the same as the original expansion game. However, we had originally thought we weren't going to be able to include the gray die, and we weren't sure going to be able to produce physical cards.

We're happy to report that we've been able to produce color cards that are very durable. We've also made a solid pack that is more retailer-shelf friendly.

Best regards,

Erik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John sizemore
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
eriksmith wrote:
Unitoch wrote:

We're still waiting for word from our printer. If we don't hear from him this week, we have a Plan B ready to go.

Erik

Plan B....PDF downloads perhaps???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We have heard from our printer. We have reviewed samples. We have run the sample cards under water, and the cards held up great.

We will go with printed cards. Neither Plan B nor Plan C (PDF downloads) look like they will be required.

We're very close. My printer tells me he plans to ship the games to me next Friday. I'll be letting folks know as soon as I get them.

Thanks to all for your patience and support!

All the best,

Erik Smith
On The Line Game Company
www.PizzaBoxFootball.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
So wahts the word? Seems like its coming along nicely, whats the ETA for buying?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The good news is that we're making the games in the US. We'll be offering the games for purchase as soon as I know that the printer has printed them. I should get the games 1 or 2 days after they're printed.

I'll be letting people know as soon as I have any certain word!

All the best,

Erik Smith
On The Line Game Company
www.PizzaBoxFootball.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monte Lewis
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very much looking forward to this Erik! Thank you for all the updates. Along with the great playability of the game, it's what makes me want to keep coming back for more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
TheLongshot wrote:

Jason

The 2006 Expansion will cost $19.99 on our web site and at most stores.

Best regards,

Erik Smith
On The Line Game Company
www.PizzaBoxFootball.com
Our 2006 Expansion is Now Available!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.