Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Brougham
United Kingdom
Rainhill
MERSEYSIDE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there,

This is probably in the Rulebook hut I found myself flicking back and forwards and couldn't clear this up last night.

When a minion's turn comes up on the initiative track, which has multiple minions on the board, ( rats, roaches), do you roll one die and each minion moves that amount of movement or do you resolve each minion with a new movement roll.

Equally do you move one minion and then attack with that one and then move the next one (with the same dice roll or a new dice roll?) and attack with that one? If so how do you decide which minion to action first?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milou wrote:
Hello there,

This is probably in the Rulebook hut I found myself flicking back and forwards and couldn't clear this up last night.

When a minion's turn comes up on the initiative track, which has multiple minions on the board, ( rats, roaches), do you roll one die and each minion moves that amount of movement or do you resolve each minion with a new movement roll.

Equally do you move one minion and then attack with that one and then move the next one (with the same dice roll or a new dice roll?) and attack with that one? If so how do you decide which minion to action first?

Cheers

There is a part in the rulebook saying start with Minion closest to mice and then move outwards (in terms of order of choosing).

1. Roll movement for that minion
2. Move that minion following the movement guidelines for minions
3. If possible,resolve an attack with that minion
4. Choose the next closest of that type of minion and repeat the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Brougham
United Kingdom
Rainhill
MERSEYSIDE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems sensible now but at 1am after a five hr first-time session (and two boys up way past their bedtime) I couldn't think clearly.

So each minion rolls, moves and resolves combat if it can, then you do the next one with a new movement roll? I was getting confused because there's only one initiative card and so I thought you only rolled once and then all minions of that type had to have that same roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milou wrote:
This seems sensible now but at 1am after a five hr first-time session (and two boys up way past their bedtime) I couldn't think clearly.

So each minion rolls, moves and resolves combat if it can, then you do the next one with a new movement roll? I was getting confused because there's only one initiative card and so I thought you only rolled once and then all minions of that type had to have that same roll.

Each figure always has its own movement roll. This is important for things like the crow in the courtyard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
What he said.

Spiral out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:

Spiral out...

... Keep going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.