Subject: The games I play are always the same, please help. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
woosh ito
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved this game when I've heard of it and finally manage to get a copy!

Unfortunately, the games I've played were not very fun and I'll try to explain why so you guys can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Me and my wife can be very stubborn when it comes to strategies, and in Province we had the same ideas for buildings and opening moves, so we keep the whole game preventing each other from doing stuff till we get bored.

It always starts the same way, first player builds the camp, second player builds the camp and after that we can't build anything but piles of useless coins. It's so easy to prevent your opponent from getting 3 labor with 4 workers that we just keep outplaying each other for 30 minutes, it's terrible!

With 2 labor, the only thing that's left is the Lender, which is useless if both players have the same buildings! So it all comes to the Mill or maybe the Harbor/Village but we find impossible to get 3 or 4 labor... There was a game we even ran out of coins in the supply but no one would let the other get that extra labor that would keep the game going...

Is that normal? Are we playing wrong? Please help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couple things ... With 2 work you can also build the Mill, then you'll start every turn with 1 more work ... So there's that

Second, I want to make sure you're playing the game correctly: during your turn you MUST. Move at least 1 worker and you MAY move any works that you have access to ... So if you work it out so that as much as possible you leave workers on the $ space during yiur turn, then you are guarenteed to have the ability to generate work during your next turn.

In general you story seems odd to me because usually $ is the tighter resource in the early game!

Finally, I'd recommend that the 2nd player build a Mill with their first turn, not the Camp. Then, again, having enough work for subiquent rounds shouldn't be too much of a challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
woosh ito
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
telos81 wrote:
Couple things ... With 2 work you can also build the Mill, then you'll start every turn with 1 more work ... So there's that

Second, I want to make sure you're playing the game correctly: during your turn you MUST. Move at least 1 worker and you MAY move any works that you have access to ... So if you work it out so that as much as possible you leave workers on the $ space during yiur turn, then you are guarenteed to have the ability to generate work during your next turn.

In general you story seems odd to me because usually $ is the tighter resource in the early game!

Finally, I'd recommend that the 2nd player build a Mill with their first turn, not the Camp. Then, again, having enough work for subiquent rounds shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

Hmmmmm, the copy I got was given by a friend who made a PnP copy while he was waiting for his kickstarter copy to arrive. Is it possible that the board was from a previous version of the game? Mine says the Mill is 3 Labor and 2 Coins... A 2 Labor Mill would definitely change the game for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that would make a huge difference. I've only played the final KS release and the ios app ...

Here is a picture of the final version of the board:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/2079537/province
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
woosh ito
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
telos81 wrote:
Wow that would make a huge difference. I've only played the final KS release and the ios app ...

Here is a picture of the final version of the board:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/2079537/province

HAHAHAHHAHA Everything is different!!!!

WOW! That explains everything!!! My board was a prototype for sure!
Geez! Thanks man, I'll see what I can do now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.