Hide
16 Posts

Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game» Forums » General

Subject: Have any other "Crossroad Games" been announced? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Toler
msg tools
I remember something about people that preordered voting on the next game, any news on that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
No date has been announced. Theme elected is Lost in Space. I read somewhere that the game being developed is set on a generation ship and the players come out of hypersleep with no idea what the mission/ship status is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Toler
msg tools
Oh, OK thanks that sounds really cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Minutillo
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although the Plaid Hat team was really enamored with the Summer Camp theme and I'd expect that they may secretly work on that one at the same time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Toler
msg tools
That sounds even better!
I would love to play Friday the 13th the board game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Englund
Finland
Hautjärvi
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, a theme in realistic setting would be interesting. Fantasy, scifi and zombies are so start-of-the-decade. And you know, if you open yours eyes, truth is stranger than fiction...

Summer Camp, how would that be? Realistic or Blair Witch Project or Utøya-style? (*blessings*) I have not listened to the Podcast...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
Yes, I like to watch Walking Dead as much as most people, but Dead of Winter would be a lot cooler if it didn't have zombie theme.... Well, apart from spreading bites you can easily imagine it to be The Road (cormac mccarthy) -setting which is imaginary of course but not fantasy, but still, the zombie graphics are there.. Lost in Space and Summer Camp both sound cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lost in Space + Crossroads is a little too close to BSG for me. I'd rather see a completely unique theme (if I'd voted, Summer Camp definitely would have been up there).

But here's something else to chew on:
Just because another game uses the Crossroads mechanic doesn't necessarily mean it has to resemble Dead of Winter in any other way. It may not even be a cooperative game. As long as there's some "potential random effect" each turn based on a card drawn by the player to your right, the rest of the game really could be anything.
Still looking forward to whatever they come up with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NinjaGrayFox wrote:
That sounds even better!
I would love to play Friday the 13th the board game!

Camp Grizzly FTW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Toler
msg tools
Thanks, I'll definitely hafta check that out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
Lost in Space + Crossroads is a little too close to BSG for me. I'd rather see a completely unique theme (if I'd voted, Summer Camp definitely would have been up there).

Just because another game uses the Crossroads mechanic doesn't necessarily mean it has to resemble Dead of Winter in any other way. It may not even be a cooperative game. As long as there's some "potential random effect" each turn based on a card drawn by the player to your right, the rest of the game really could be anything.

The other Crossroad games will not resemble Dead of Winter mechanically. We don't want to just re-theme it and slap another game out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valk _
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgilmour wrote:
jozxyqk wrote:

The other Crossroad games will not resemble Dead of Winter mechanically. We don't want to just re-theme it and slap another game out.

Kind glad to hear that, but you didn't answer the most important question of all yet.

When can we expect Sparky in space?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, That is up to Issac, as he is working on the SciFi game. =-)

Valk wrote:
jgilmour wrote:
jozxyqk wrote:

Kind glad to hear that, but you didn't answer the most important question of all yet.

When can we expect Sparky in space?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jgilmour wrote:

That's good to hear. I love the Crossroad cards, but don't like much else mechanically about Dead of Winter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nekobat wrote:
jgilmour wrote:

That's good to hear. I love the Crossroad cards, but don't like much else mechanically about Dead of Winter.

Well, there's one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Hampton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meatballs Using Crossroads? (Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda ... I got Measles and a Girlfriend!)

Around the World in 80 Cards? (Passparto....who are you?)

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Crossroads Boardgame?

Cannonball Run by Crossroads -- (the adult adult version: Deathrace 2000)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.