Dan Rosewater
Switzerland
Zürich
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks!

I offer 1 for the correct answer. (Proof will be a BGG entry with according images).

When I recently approved the following image for the game obsession

it reminded me a game I played with when I was a little kid (30 years ago). It was similar but different.
There was a track for a marble to roll in an lying eight (?) with a ramp to enter that track. There were pits so that the marble could stop somewhere (like a ball in roulette). Some of the pits would mean to take a card from one or more stacks. It was all made of black plastic (except the marble). I have no more memories about the goal of the game.
Does anyone remember what I am describing?

Thanks for your support.

edit: typo (as Ben revealed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of searching has yielded nothing! There are a ton of marble games out there, but I couldn't find anything matching your description. Was it manufactured by a popular game company? Or was it possibly something hand-made?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
You check any of these in the geeklist:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/3504

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rosewater
Switzerland
Zürich
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skadar wrote:
Was it manufactured by a popular game company? Or was it possibly something hand-made?

I think it must have been one of the bigger companies (like Parker). Otherwise it would not be available near us. It was definately not something hand made (plastic mold, not wooden). The Track the marble went down served somekind as a randomizer for events; the marble stopped depending on its speed in different pits each time. Because the plastic stuff someday was broken it was thrown away by my parents. However I was 5 or 6 years old then -> only dull memories are left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I got onto Hasbro's site and started to look at their archived instruction manuals in the hope that I'd locate the game.

I made it halfway through G before giving up. If someone wants to continue from that point, go for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Rosewater
Switzerland
Zürich
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As you see on my today's post it took me almost a year to find that game...
and yes it was in the database... the game was first published 1959 and changed its appearance until today.
It's Traffic by Carlit (a Swiss publisher).
I found a picture that shows what I described and uploaded it on BGG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.