Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favourite part of Asara is the first card in an area dictating the only type of card that can be played there for the rest of the round. I remember first seeing a variation of this in Capitol (Alan Moon) where the first type of roof, i.e. round roof, in an area meant every other building entering that area had to have the same roof for the rest of the game.

Does anyone know another game that uses this kind of rule either with cards or structures of some sort entering an area then controlling that area?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first played Asara - which is now one of my favourite games - the mechanic immediately felt common from trick taking games where you have to serve the colour first played. I'll try to think of games that use this mechanic in area control, keep me posted if you find some, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Keyflower has a somewhat similar mechanic. Each player has a few different colors of meeples (4, I think, been a while since I played it). Each round there are several tiles up for bid - you can either place meeples on the tile to use it, or place meeples next to the tile to bid on it (their orientation from the tile indicates which player put them there). If a tile already has meeples on or around it, then any additional meeples placed on or around that tile have to match color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it is like trick-taking. I never considered that. But I do have Keyflower and I forgot they have this similarity. Good point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.