Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
and symo
Australia
Northcote
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As I've been painting the minis, I have been thinking about initiative in Skirmish mode. I think it would add to the thematic depth if a character's movement speed was reflected in initiative order. To this end I propose the following order:

1. Direction of the Movement arrow. Up first, horizontal second, down third.

2. If characters are tied, the secondary determinant is number of dice. The more dice, the higher up the initiative order.

3. The tertiary determinant is mobility

If 2 characters are still tied, a roll could be used, highest goes first. Depending on how dynamic you want the skirmish to be, this roll for tied characters could be performed each turn (obviously with an an increased housekeeping cost).

2. and 3. are pretty much interchangable. I put number of dice second as it sorts out ties faster.

What do people think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. No clue how it will actually work out in practice, but I like the simplicity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wilde
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a cool concept, I look forward to trying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.