Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When attacking, do you HAVE to use a toy chest item or skill? The reason I ask, is because the 3rd sentence of Attack states clearly that, "If a stuffed animal has no ready skills or toy chest items, it may not attack."

However, the first sentence states, "The stuffed animal MAY use one toy chest item or skill in its stash!"

So I "MAY" use an item or skill, but if I don't have any, I can't attack. So all I would need to do, is never use my last item, and I can always attack.

I'm starting to think that the first sentence should read, "In order to attack a denizen, the stuffed animal must have (and use) either a toy chest item or skill. Only one toy chest item or skill may be used per attack."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
msg tools
Pixeling ain't easy, but someone's gotta do it...
badge
LION OF JUDAH
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Brian wrote:
When attacking, do you HAVE to use a toy chest item or skill? The reason I ask, is because the 3rd sentence of Attack states clearly that, "If a stuffed animal has no ready skills or toy chest items, it may not attack."

However, the first sentence states, "The stuffed animal MAY use one toy chest item or skill in its stash!"

So I "MAY" use an item or skill, but if I don't have any, I can't attack. So all I would need to do, is never use my last item, and I can always attack.

I'm starting to think that the first sentence should read, "In order to attack a denizen, the stuffed animal must have (and use) either a toy chest item or skill. Only one toy chest item or skill may be used per attack."

No ready skills or items = no more attacking that round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Brian wrote:

The "may" means that attacking is optional, not using an item to attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry for the confusion I'm having with this, but I'm not following the answers above.

So let me just ask the question as a yes/no.

Do you have to use a skill or toy chest item to make an attack?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
msg tools
Pixeling ain't easy, but someone's gotta do it...
badge
LION OF JUDAH
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, then tanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Higley
United States
Auburn
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Dr Brian wrote:
I'm sorry for the confusion I'm having with this, but I'm not following the answers above.

So let me just ask the question as a yes/no.

Do you have to use a skill or toy chest item to make an attack?

Thanks!

As above, the quick answer is "Yes."

I believe there is a note in the rules right after it says you may use an item or skill that says something like, "A stuffed animal may not attack without using an item or skill."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.