Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Bonham
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother and I Played this a couple of times tonight. After he figured out how to play, we found ourselves at a very quiet table. After the 'reveal' of the chosen phases, each of us more or less sat in silence and cranked through the actions.

Should we be announcing what we are doing with each of our pile of dice each turn? I know this is a 'multiplayer solitaire' type of game, but this game in particular seems to silo the players away from each other. How can we increase the awareness of the overall arc each player is creating through the game?

Are we missing something here, or is this just how this one plays out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It's up to your group. We typically announce the worlds, developments, and goods we place in tableau and what goods we ship for VPs. This helps people track how fast other players' tableaus are growing, how many goods they can produce, and how fast they are piling up the VP chips.

This awareness, in turn, tends to feed into player's dice assignments on later turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.