United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assortment of questions that came to my mind during a recent play:

If the hangar is damaged, and I am piloting a viper in space, do I get automatically sent to the sickbay? I assume not, but I wanted to make sure. It seems to me the only way a pilot can get sent to the sickbay is if a crisis failure does so.

If you are in the sickbay, could you elect to stay there, keeping the penalty there active on you (if you were say, a silly Cylon)? (Assuming no)

What about if you're in the sickbay and you want to just move out to a new location--you can do that right, even if the place you want to move out to is damaged?

Also, when a crisis requires you to discard 5 cards and you have only 3, you can just discard the 3 and satisfy the requirement, right? What if you have 0 cards?

If a Cylon is the current player, he cannot choose the "send current player to sickbay" option right? But if a crisis that a Cylon draws says "Current player chooses," the Cylon player can indeed make a choice delineated on the card, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrik R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Hangar getting damaged does nothing to pilots in space. They do get sent to Sickbay when their Viper is shot down, and from some Crisis results.

You can stay in Sickbay if you choose to do so, though there is very little to be gained from this. Moving from Sickbay is like any other movement.

You can still select a choice on a Crisis if you cannot fulfill it completely, even if you cannot fulfill it at all, unless explicitly stated otherwise on the Crisis.

A Cylon current player still gets to make choices and can make any choice he likes, That includes those that do bad stuff to the current player, but he can choose to ignore any bad things applying to himself, like discards. So if there's, for instance, discard plus a resource loss, he can choose that and ignore the discards. He can never go Sickbay, or anywhere else except the Cylon locations, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clementson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, a damaged Hangar Bay does not prevent you from landing an already piloted Viper, nor does it send you to Sickbay if you do so. It just prevents a Pilot from launching into a Viper, note that you can still launch unmanned Vipers from Command and Apollo's AVP ability may still be used.

Damaged locations do not prevent you from entering them (how would you repair them otherwise?) they simply prevent use of that location's action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys--follow-up question: Do you have to travel to the damaged location you plan to repair in order to repair it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clementson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythdracon wrote:
Thanks guys--follow-up question: Do you have to travel to the damaged location you plan to repair in order to repair it?

Yes. If you check the wording on the Repair card action it says "Repair your current location..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Title is click bait of the good kind cool To add to what wasn't already covered....

A pilot in space can also get sent to Sickbay if any effect forces him to go to Sickbay (not just getting shot at).

If you were XO-ed, you can stay in Sickbay and do 2 actions instead of moving out (e.g. Launch Scout and play a Qcard), but then you would not be able to avoid the card draw penalty when it gets to your turn (unless you get XO-ed again, or some other effect that lets you move out before then). Some of the expansions add other reasons to stay in.

You're free to move to a damaged location, even if coming from Sickbay. In fact, as mentioned by another post, that's how you use Repair cards.

Speaking of which, if you want to Repair by using Repair cards, then you do need to be at the damaged location.

EDIT: clarified being in Sickbay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
You can stay in Sickbay and do 2 actions instead of moving out (e.g. Launch Scout and play a Qcard) and avoiding the card draw penalty when it gets to your turn.

This is missing some qualifier and explanation.
a) You can do two actions only with Critical Situation (from Pegasus) or on an XO! You can not in general change your movement into action, and never in the base game.
b) You can get out of sickbay before your turn if someone XO's you (or play State of Emergency from Exodus).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: Critical situation is from the Pegasus expansion, and State of Emergency is from Exodus.

(Base game forums people, always mention what's from an expansion if you need to reference it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks for the speedy responses everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.